KYLE LAFFERTY believes that the current Rangers squad have the confidence to carry on their title charge between now and the end of the season.

Kyle LaffertyAs his side prepare to face Hamilton at New Douglas Park the Northern Ireland striker says the turn around in fortunes in 2009 has given them renewed belief.

Since falling seven points behind Celtic after defeat in the final Old Firm game of 2008, Walter Smith's side have overhauled that deficit to return to the top of the SPL on goal difference.

And Lafferty insists that they have what it takes to maintain that run and bring the league trophy back to Ibrox.

He said: "I think a lot of people wrote us off when Celtic went seven points clear but there was still a lot of belief in the squad and in the coaching staff and that's still the case.

"Everyone's confident that if we keep going the way we are we will win the title.

"Celtic will feel they can win it and we believe we can win it. So it's up to us to go about things in the right way - if we do that I think we will win it.

Kyle Lafferty"We're happy because I think over the last two months we've been playing some really good football and Celtic have dropped some points when we were picking up them up.

"But there are still a lot of games to go and we can't get too carried away. We have to keep trying to go about things and looking to pick up points where we can until the end of the season."

Tomorrow's meeting with Billy Reid's side will Rangers' fourth of the season and despite bagging twelve goals in the previous three matches between the sides the Gers have experienced their troubles against the SPL new boys.

Hamilton have twice taken the lead before Rangers turned the games round and Lafferty expects a similarly tough encounter in a game that kicks of a run of important matches for his side.

He added: "Hamilton are a good side and they caused us a few problems before and the next four weeks will be a difficult spell.

"It will be interesting to see how we come out at the end and if we get maximum points I think we will be looking good."