Famous phrase in sport. 'Bottle'. After tonight's result i'm more sure we don't have the stones to win the league. For the first time since november we finally get our noses in front only to royally fuck it up once again. Now i didn't see the game tonight but the result speaks for itself. 2 things really worry me here, well actually 3. We don't appear to have the backbone to win the league even when we are in the driving seat, we have hit a batch patch of form at a crucial time and Timmy are winning again and scoring.

Seems to me that we get a nose bleed whenever we reach the 'dizzy heights'. Losing to bottom of the league for the 2nd time this season ( St mirren ) is beyond a complete fucking joke. It's not too late to salvage the league of course but i just don't trust the mentality of these players and they aren't proving me wrong either.

WATP

My impression is that the players need to step up a gear or 3. Even against such a determined ICT side (trying to avoid relegation) we should have won that game tonight by a goal or two. It's not good enough for the players to be 'not on form'. They get paid enough money & have a cushy enough lifestyle to be 'on form' every waking minute.

I just hope that's the last piss poor performance we see out of them this season. Maybe Craig was right on the other thread when he said that the booing from some of the fans might actually wake them up to the reality they're in (those weren't his exact words btw).

Maybe our players need some contracts that say they don't get payed if we lose. That would stick a hot poker up their backsides.

Can't disagree with any of that. Certainly not the first time under Smith we've got our noses in front before immediately relinquishing the lead. That must give the bheasts from the east a huge confidence boost. They go top and stay there for three and a half months. We go top and stay there for three and a half days. The fact is we are a worse team than last season despite Walter being allowed to bring in a number of expensive players in the summer. The only saving grace is that Celtic have also got worse, in fact markedly so.

My impression is that the players need to step up a gear or 3. Even against such a determined ICT side (trying to avoid relegation) we should have won that game tonight by a goal or two. It's not good enough for the players to be 'not on form'. They get paid enough money & have a cushy enough lifestyle to be 'on form' every waking minute.

I just hope that's the last piss poor performance we see out of them this season. Maybe Craig was right on the other thread when he said that the booing from some of the fans might actually wake them up to the reality they're in (those weren't his exact words btw).

Maybe our players need some contracts that say they don't get payed if we lose. That would stick a hot poker up their backsides.

I think booing players is shocking and just doesn't help.

The only player with bottle is the big Algerian.

A few more try hard enough but lack the quality required. Too many have no belief. A few cheat us.

Meanwhile our manager suggests this is acceptable and adds to our problems by making poor signings and bizarre tactical decisions.