Guest davierfc
i blame chelsea myself!

18.6 m is a fooking joke!

lad is good like but fuck sake :eek:

i dont think its chelsea's fault they have money to spend and that every one else is being greedy bassas and over charging transfer fees

i blame chelsea myself!

18.6 m is a fooking joke!

lad is good like but fuck sake :eek:

pmsl@ geo

ha ha ha

hows it chelsea fault geo?

ffs were they to blame when they signed ferdinand for 29m and 19m for v.nistelrooy? :rolleyes:

Its certainly not Chelsea's fault. They are partly responsible for the influctuated prices as they do overspend so they get their man, but Man Utd are a bit of the same.

29.1 Milllion for Rio Ferdinand

28.1 Million for Veron

27 million for Rooney

19 Million for Van Nistelrooy

18.6 Million for Carrick

Out of that lot Van Nistelrooy seems like he was the only one about right as he was a goal machine especially in his first 3 seasons. Rooney MAY go onto being value for money, he certainly has the potential to be 1 of the best. I was a huge fan of Veron but still think they well overpaid for him by at least 8million.

The transfer market in football became an absolute farce long before Chelski had all their money to spend.

Probably around the time Shearer signed for newcastle (�£15m?) was when it started getting out of hand.

There should be a cap on transfer fee's and on player wages. �£20m for the best players in the world is more than enough and i think it would do the game a world of good.

Its certainly not Chelsea's fault. They are partly responsible for the influctuated prices as they do overspend so they get their man, but Man Utd are a bit of the same.

29.1 Milllion for Rio Ferdinand

28.1 Million for Veron

27 million for Rooney

19 Million for Van Nistelrooy

18.6 Million for Carrick

Out of that lot Van Nistelrooy seems like he was the only one about right as he was a goal machine especially in his first 3 seasons. Rooney MAY go onto being value for money, he certainly has the potential to be 1 of the best. I was a huge fan of Veron but still think they well overpaid for him by at least 8million.

Its pretty funny that Rio cost more than Rooney, i mean he's a good defender, but �£29m?, no way.

There should be a cap on transfer fee's and on player wages. �£20m for the best players in the world is more than enough and i think it would do the game a world of good.

It a tough one about wage capping or transfer fee's, at the end of the day if a club wants to spend that, its there money and they can.

It would certainly control things a lot better but then i could imagine a bit of greed at the top if it happened. The big boys would try and break away from the rest and form there own league.

Something has to be done to get it in a bit of order.

pmsl@ geo

ha ha ha

hows it chelsea fault geo?

ffs were they to blame when they signed ferdinand for 29m and 19m for v.nistelrooy? :rolleyes:

sorry it was meant for the sarcasm thread! have your dummy back! :thup:

Why would they try and form their own league?

If they have bought the best players in the world then they arent going to want to move to a new league, they're going to want to win their own league surely....

Capping transfer fee's could be good for the little clubs as well as the big ones IMO. If say one of the mid to bottom teams in the EPL table has a few gems coming through (like West Ham did with Rio, Lamps, Cole etc), then said club could slap �£20m transfer fee's on all of them.

If the Man Utd's and Real Madrid's of the world come in and buy these players all at the same price i think most clubs would be happy with that.

That way, the club purchasing the player arent paying over the odds every time and the lesser clubs have a bit of money to spend to get up the league table.

Thats the way i see it at least....

Why would they try and form their own league?

I think its something G14 have spoke about before, getting away from UEFA and setting up a European league. I only think the fat cats at the top have mentioned it but ive definatly read it before.