Memories of League Cup Final 2003

As we head into the first Old Firm cup final since 2003, I got thinking about that glorious sunny day at Hampden six years ago.

I remember going into the game with some nervousness having been beaten the week before at Torbett Towers, and being completely taken aback as we tore them apart in the first-half to go in 2-0 at half-time. Mols ran Balde absolutely ragged and they couldn't cope with the pace of Caniggia and Lovenkrands. One of my most abiding memories from the game was Caniggia beating Lennon in a chase to the ball despite the Lurgan Bigot having a 20 yard head start. Oh, and Lennon getting sent off near the end was a treat as well.

Having looked in no danger at all during the first half, the last half-hour of the second half was excruciating after Larsson pulled one back. When Balde fell over like a sack of tatties under the 'force' of the intimidating hulk that is Neil McCann in the 93rd minute and the referee pointed to the spot I thought I was going to cry.

Hartson duly steps up and sends the light blue legions into rapture to cap off a marvellous day in the Hampden sunshine.

I'm not sure we gave ourselves enough credit for playing a formidable Celtic outfit off the park that day. A few days later they went to Anfield and comfortably beat Liverpool in the UEFA Cup.

What's everyone else's memories of this day?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/2853133.stm

Can't remember the year but was the old Skol Cup Final and the first old firm final I'd been too. Was the one where Coisty got his hat-trick in extra time to clich a 3-2 win.

Was high as a kite and cant remember the bus home. Must be a fair while ago as I was just a kid :S

Can't remember the year but was the old Skol Cup Final and the first old firm final I'd been too. Was the one where Coisty got his hat-trick in extra time to clich a 3-2 win.

Was high as a kite and cant remember the bus home. Must be a fair while ago as I was just a kid :S

Fast forward 20 years mate :D