By Andrew Dickson

RANGERS' players will receive a pre-match boost before Sunday's League Cup final when Kevin Thomson visits them in their dressing room.

The Light Blues midfielder has been out of action ever since he suffered a serious knee injury in the 4-0 win over Kilmarnock at Rugby Park on November 9.

Thomson has been sorely missed in the four months since he was crocked but is making excellent progress in his rehabilitation programme.

After a string of gruelling double sessions at Murray Park, he is currently taking a well-earned 10-day break.

Thomson will return to the gym next week and remains on course to make his comeback in pre-season as planned.

He will attend his first match since he was carried off in Ayrshire when the Old Firm sides clash at Hampden this weekend.

Thomson so far hasn't been allowed to go to games because sitting still for so long would hinder his progress.

However he has now got to the point where he can watch Gers in the flesh once more and he can't wait to roar them on against Celtic.

The 24-year-old said: "I've not been to a game yet since I hurt my knee because sitting in a stand for an hour and 45 minutes isn't the best thing for it.

"But I'm starting to get to the stage where I'll be going to each home game and I'll be in the stand watching the boys in this one too.

"I've been lucky that most of our games have been on television and from that point of view, I've not missed too much of what the lads have been up to.

"But it'll be nice to see them live again. I'm looking forward to the game and I'll be in the changing room to wish everyone all the best beforehand."

Edited by Super_Ally
I'll give you one guess?

I'd feel a hell of a lot more confident about the season in general if KT was on the pitch. Here's hoping he's back in time for pre-season.

I agree, he brings in a physical presence with tackling and movement while still having a reasonable amount of silky skill. I would drop Fergie for him any day.

I agree, he brings in a physical presence with tackling and movement while still having a reasonable amount of silky skill. I would drop Fergie for him any day.

Controversial Pete............lol I see what you mean though, will wait and see what Fergie does on Sunday before saying anything, I hope his goal at Hamilton was the turning point but maybe he'll be more defensive against them and maybe allow Pedro to go forward more and we all know what Pedro can do from distance so bring on the Septic, I'm getting excited already and it's only 04:33 on Thursday morning.......woo ha, I'm merry, Peroni's all night since the Man Ure game !

Thomson so far hasn't been allowed to go to games because sitting still for so long would hinder his progress.

Is that another argument for having a standing section?

However, maybe it's me, but I'm hardly encouraged by the news that a player is now fit enough to sit down for 90 minutes - although is that the same level of fitness that Boyd has? :fish:

Is that another argument for having a standing section?

However, maybe it's me, but I'm hardly encouraged by the news that a player is now fit enough to sit down for 90 minutes - although is that the same level of fitness that Boyd has? :fish:

Is he not gonna be sitting for 90 minutes to watch the game on the tele anyway ? :whistle:

Aye, sounds like hes a long way off if he can't even sit down. Perfect player for old firm games but. Love's to get right in about it!

Is he not gonna be sitting for 90 minutes to watch the game on the tele anyway ? :whistle:

Aye, sounds like hes a long way off if he can't even sit down. Perfect player for old firm games but. Love's to get right in about it!

The best individual performance I've seen from a Rangers player since Barry Ferguson in the 2002 Scottish Cup Final was Thommo against the scum last season at Ibrox (1-0).