"Hounded" PMSL :D

Thought I asked politely enough to be honest. If you're going to accuse people of twisting things, you should at least have the common courtesy to explain yourself. The other boards I'm on insist on it as a matter of respect.

We clearly have two contrasting definitions of "at the top of the Scottish game". For you it means above the non-OF teams. For me it means lifting the SPL trophy.

Any further discussion of the management on this thread is utterly pointless IMHO as we are well aware of each other's entrenched positions.

ooof... common courtesy? There's enough of that here to go round twice over - at least I'm sure we'd like to think so. As for respect, that's something that everyone who wants it need to earn.

We clearly have two contrasting definitions of "at the top of the Scottish game". For you it means above the non-OF teams. For me it means lifting the SPL trophy.

Well, that's well worded, but it doesn't take away the fact that I think the top of the Scottish game is the title winners. Does that mean though, that the team who lose out by a couple of points over the course of a season aren't at the top of the Scottish game? No, I think is the answer.

Any further discussion of the management on this thread is utterly pointless IMHO as we are well aware of each other's entrenched positions.

Suit yourself, but I'm far from being entrenched. I'm not 100% happy with the management. Over 50%, but not 100%. When it falls below 50% I'll be calling for their heads.

Well, that's well worded, but it doesn't take away the fact that I think the top of the Scottish game is the title winners. Does that mean though, that the team who lose out by a couple of points over the course of a season aren't at the top of the Scottish game? No, I think is the answer.

That is obviously your prerogative to feel that way. However, for this bear, being top of the Scottish game HAS to mean winning it, especially when we all feel that the Scottish game is a two horse race. Being 2nd in a 2 horse race is still abject failure to me.

As I say though, it is about opinions. If you think continually finishing 2nd in a 2 horse race is good enough then so be it. I happen to think it is a losing mentality.

And don't tell me that we are not continually finishing 2nd in a 2 horse race - how many have they won in the last 10 years ? 8 ? That is enough of a trend to have me very concerned.

Suit yourself, but I'm far from being entrenched. I'm not 100% happy with the management. Over 50%, but not 100%. When it falls below 50% I'll be calling for their heads.

I see both sides of this argument and I actually fully agree with you that the PLAYERS have to take responsibility for their actions. However, the management are culpable as they are responsible for tactics, formations, motivations etc.