I actually think that Mendes was one of our best players until BF came back into the side. He and Thomson really seemed to have a good understanding and we seemed to be doing well in midfield.

That is not a criticism of BF but rather an observation of mine - perhaps BF and Mendes are too similar, I dont know. But they are not producing the performances we need to win the title. Neither of them are !

And the exact same argument could be tabled for BF this season Cammy.

I disagree, I thought that BF only really looked like "wanting" to win when we got to the 2nd half of ET. That isnt enough for me.

As I say, I may be harsh in that assessment - I am no Barry hater but he didnt do a great deal IMO yesterday.

OK, but even if he was trying for a mere 15 minutes, that was 15 minutes more that the majority of our players.

We can argue on the merits of BF and Mendes, but the one constant is the coaching and management of the team. If BF and PM can't play together then it is the managers job to either alter his formation or tactics to ensure that they can play together to drop one of them.

As I have said a few times, clueless and gutless sums us up at the moment and the manager is at fault and to blame for this and must be removed if we are to win the SPL title.

Cammy F

I disagree, I thought that BF only really looked like "wanting" to win when we got to the 2nd half of ET. That isnt enough for me.

Totally agree Craig. Even then, when he was suddenly overwhelmed with passion to win, the stupid idiot goes and deliberately pushes an opposition coach on the sideline. As much as I thought it was funny, especially after the push when he pretended to throw the ball at Lennon's face, Fergie could easily have been sent off for that at a time when we were still capable of equalizing.

As I have said a few times, clueless and gutless sums us up at the moment and the manager is at fault and to blame for this and must be removed if we are to win the SPL title.

Totally disagree mate. That's utter nonsense. Removing WS isn't going to win us this SPL title... no way. I honestly don't even think that replacing him with Alex Ferguson or some other world class manager at this point of the season would be good for us. We don't need the upset.

OK, but even if he was trying for a mere 15 minutes, that was 15 minutes more that the majority of our players.

That is a fair enough point Cammy - but that is still unacceptable for ANY player plying their trade professionally.

We can argue on the merits of BF and Mendes, but the one constant is the coaching and management of the team. If BF and PM can't play together then it is the managers job to either alter his formation or tactics to ensure that they can play together to drop one of them.

This is exactly what I was getting at. WS should have the balls to drop one of them and force them to improve their training and performances to get back in the team. At present both KNOW they will be selected and that breeds laziness. I would like to see us deploy a diamond shape with BF the more defensive and Mendes the more attacking (and that could be inter-changed) but WS wont revert from what he does.

Cammy F

I am no Walter Smith hater, but his tactics & formation have been very poor, especially against Celtic. They have been there for the taking and we didnt go for the jugular.

More frustrating than that though is that in almost every single game this season we start with a very slow tempo and that allows the opposition to gain in confidence. We should be going out, going for the jugular, forcing teams on the back foot and letting them know that THE RANGERS MEAN BUSINESS. The last time I recall we started with a high termpo was at home to ICT...... no, not the home defeat but the drubbing we gave them !

Totally disagree mate. That's utter nonsense. Removing WS isn't going to win us this SPL title... no way. I honestly don't even think that replacing him with Alex Ferguson or some other world class manager at this point of the season would be good for us. We don't need the upset.

Disagree. We are rudderless right now and the players are not performing to the best of their capabilities.

It is hard to say whether the changing of managers would do us good or bad. The sad thing for me is that I see us losing the league with WS as manager so err on the side of change, and I never thought I would say that at the business end of a season.

Disagree. We are rudderless right now and the players are not performing to the best of their capabilities.

It is hard to say whether the changing of managers would do us good or bad. The sad thing for me is that I see us losing the league with WS as manager so err on the side of change, and I never thought I would say that at the business end of a season.

IMO, our first team players aren't earning their wages. There's no excuse for going out on a match day & not putting in 100%, yet that's exactly what we've been seeing lately. Lets face it, these players have an easy life. Yes, some of them could be on at least double their wages in the EPL, but that doesn't mean they're hard done by. Most of the first team are on over 10 grand a week & yet some of them waltz about during games like there's no need to worry about winning it. Sorry, but that's not good enough for what they're being paid. Wee nacho is the only one that consistently comes on the park & looks like he's willing to earn his coin. I have to say that Boydy looked the same when he came on in that cup final. He still wasn't at 100% effort, but he certainly looked right up for it - recklessly so in fact, much like Novo at times. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, because to be fair, Papac is another candidate for being one of players that IS actually trying to earn his money & do his best all of the time, but like all the others he still makes dreadful mistakes & decisions as well. I guess there's no way to remove that from football players, but there are definitely ways to remove the laziness & lack of spirit that we've been witnessing. As I've said elsewhere, these guys should be on a 'win to get paid' salary. Go out & win and you get paid. Go out and draw and only get half wages. Go out & lose & you get sweet FA. That's what you call an incentive & football players don't deserve any better than that anyway IMO considering how much they get paid & how easy they have it in general.

IMO, our first team players aren't earning their wages. There's no excuse for going out on a match day & not putting in 100%, yet that's exactly what we've been seeing lately. Lets face it, these players have an easy life. Yes, some of them could be on at least double their wages in the EPL, but that doesn't mean they're hard done by. Most of the first team are on over 10 grand a week & yet some of them waltz about during games like there's no need to worry about winning it. Sorry, but that's not good enough for what they're being paid. Wee nacho is the only one that consistently comes on the park & looks like he's willing to earn his coin. I have to say that Boydy looked the same when he came on in that cup final. He still wasn't at 100% effort, but he certainly looked right up for it - recklessly so in fact, much like Novo at times. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, because to be fair, Papac is another candidate for being one of players that IS actually trying to earn his money & do his best all of the time, but like all the others he still makes dreadful mistakes & decisions as well. I guess there's no way to remove that from football players, but there are definitely ways to remove the laziness & lack of spirit that we've been witnessing. As I've said elsewhere, these guys should be on a 'win to get paid' salary. Go out & win and you get paid. Go out and draw and only get half wages. Go out & lose & you get sweet FA. That's what you call an incentive & football players don't deserve any better than that anyway IMO considering how much they get paid & how easy they have it in general.

But given this was a debate about whether it be best to change the management at such a crucial stage of the season.... surely the above would actually ADVOCATE making a change.

If the reason that we are starting to do so poorly is because players are not doing enough to earn their wages, and if we cant make playing personnel changes, then the only way that our season can be turned around is either a) those players change their attitudes (and there is no evidence this season to suggest they will) or b) make a managerial change and try to invoke a fear in the players as well as a new, fresher approach.

I don't particularly enjoy criticising Boyd, but sometimes he looks like a lower league player. There was one moment yesterday in particular, we had someone running down the right waiting for the right moment to play the ball into the box. Novo was staying just on the whole way, while Boyd was a good couple of yards off right up to the moment the ball was played in. Flag up. Angry Norris.

But given this was a debate about whether it be best to change the management at such a crucial stage of the season.... surely the above would actually ADVOCATE making a change.

If the reason that we are starting to do so poorly is because players are not doing enough to earn their wages, and if we cant make playing personnel changes, then the only way that our season can be turned around is either a) those players change their attitudes (and there is no evidence this season to suggest they will) or b) make a managerial change and try to invoke a fear in the players as well as a new, fresher approach.

On the contrary. I think a management change at this point is a crazy notion fueled by pure disappointment that we actually lost a cup final to 'that lot', the holy unwashed. It would bring the upset we need to literally throw this SPL campaign away IMO.

What I'm actually advocating is that the players' salaries be somehow based on whether they go out & win matches or not. In other words, give them the incentive they need. I don't know how it would work exactly, but off the top of my head, their wages should be reduced DRASTICALLY, being made up to their current take-home salaries only if we actually WIN. If they go out & only get a draw, the make-up margin is only 50%, so for example, a player that earns 10 grand a week only gets 2 grand, but if we win, he gets his full 10, if we draw he gets 6, but if we lose, he only gets 2. It sounds harsh, but that's the way it should be IMO. F*ck all this pay them a fortune & offer them extras on top shite. I'm sorry if I sound a bit heartless, but that's just pointless. Do you honestly think that a 15 grand bonus for a CIS cup final win (for example) means anything to guys that are earning over half a million quid a year? No, definitely not is the right answer.