Rangers V Heart Of Midlothian ââ?¬â?? Match Report & Players Ratings

Guest BillyMac

I thought we were going to get the game from the captain that he promised us, so to give him 8/10 for 60 plus minutes is overly generous as for the attitude of the team 2nd half it sucked

Edited by BillyMac

It is our big name, expensive, big salary players that continue to show only fleeting glimpses of form, and when we need them most to grab a game by the scruff and dominate it, they go hiding.

Step forward our two panic, post-Kaunas buys Mendes and Davis.

I am on record as saying that I thought Davis was far too inconsistent when on loan last season, and nothing has changed that opinion this season. I would have preferred not to buy him and spend what little money we had on a more consistent option. There is little doubt he has talent and is certainly good enough to be a good player for us, but when the going gets tough, the wee man does a hiding job time after time after time.

Mendes loves to play lovely long range passes when we are a couple of goals up and cruising, but when we need to get stuck in and get back in a game or push on to win a game, he has failed us on many occassions this season. His few wonderful goals have papered over a quite inconsistent run of games through the winter.

Around �£8M we didn't have spent on these two, in the gamble that they would bring the creativity to ensure the chances were created for our poacher, and they have failed to deliver far too often.

The pair of them have 9 games left to raise their game and deliver, or they would not be missed in the coming fire sale.