WALTER SMITH admitted his side's 2-2 draw with Hearts 'felt like a defeat' and that his players have to show more resilience if they are to have any chance of winning the SPL title this season.

Barry Ferguson, RangersThe gaffer could not hide his frustration after the Jambos came from two goals down to snatch a point at Ibrox and put a huge dent in Rangers' title aspirations in the process.

He said: "Obviously we are really disappointed at the situation, one that I don't think anyone that watched the first hour of the match would have thought was a possibility.

"It feels like a defeat and in a few minutes we managed to undo probably one of our better home performances this season.

"We showed a little bit of softness in letting Hearts get back in to the game. Their first real effort on goal was in the 61st minute of the game which says it all.

"It is really disappointing that when you are chasing the title you let a winning position slip in the way we did but we will have to wait and see what impact this has on the championship.

"We can only look at the situation we have and there is no doubt we are making it extremely difficult for ourselves, especially at home.

"That is us dropped five points in the last two games at Ibrox and that's a huge disappointment especially when you consider we were the better side throughout both fixtures. Steven Whittaker, Rangers

"It is difficult to take but there is definitely a softness, a lack of resilience, when we are put under pressure.

"I look at my time here. I made us difficult to beat and everybody said that was the wrong thing to do.

"People now might start to see that this was the right thing to do with my group."

Kyle Lafferty and Madjid Bougherra will be pulled out of their respective international squads.

Lafferty was taken to hospital with suspected ankle ligament damage after being stretchered off in the first-half.

"I look at my time here. I made us difficult to beat and everybody said that was the wrong thing to do.

"People now might start to see that this was the right thing to do with my group."

that is really depressing :(

Is he now distancing himself from the things that are happening now then?

He is now picking a team that he doesn't want to pick. The guy is totally disillusioned to what is really happening. Walter you have made all the decisions

You pick the team. If you have tried to be more positive and it is not working then maybe you and i mean YOU have signed these players and are picking the system they play in. I suppose the invisible internet supporters are to blame again.:mad:

Really Walter, so when you went 4-5-1 today we lost 2 goals.... but the 60 minutes previous we were winning 2-0 and going to of the league!

Total c_nt

Really Walter, so when you went 4-5-1 today we lost 2 goals.... but the 60 minutes previous we were winning 2-0 and going to of the league!

Total c_nt

Totally fed up of his pish, I have no interest in what he says any more.