Graham Roberts goal v Motherwell

Does anyone have a link to a absolute screemer of a goal that Graham Roberts scored for us against Motherwell at Fir Park.

Not sure of the date, and i think the score was 1-0 to us.

It was a 40 yard shot and i think it was early on in the game. I always remeber this goal as i was in the Rangers end and the crowd were in totla disbelief that it was Roberts who hit such a sweet shot.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Does anyone have a link to a absolute screemer of a goal that Graham Roberts scored for us against Motherwell at Fir Park.

Not sure of the date, and i think the score was 1-0 to us.

It was a 40 yard shot and i think it was early on in the game. I always remeber this goal as i was in the Rangers end and the crowd were in totla disbelief that it was Roberts who hit such a sweet shot.

Any help would be much appreciated.

If i remember corretly It was his first game for Rangers. Date was Jan 6th 1987 with a crowd of 19,658

You may struggle for a link to the goal. the game wasnt shown on TV.

Graham Roberts first game for Rangers was a 2-0 victory over Dundee United at Ibrox, on 27th of December'86. He also played in the old firm victory(2-0) on the 2nd of January. The Motherwell game was a rearranged fixture, the original match having been postponed.

I was on the terracing behind the goals, and Roberts shot screamed into the roof of the net. Everyone was discussing the distance, the consensus was 35 yards, although it was extremely difficult to judge from our position. The other talking point that night was Andy Walker coming on as a 'Well substitute. I am pleased to recall, he was roundly abused.

Good memories lads. You've bolstered my memories of that game even further.

As soon as you told me it was a rearranged fixture i remembered. Thats why i was there as i could get tickets easy because it was arranged at short notice.

You must have been quite near me 26th as i was behind the goal but more in a corner towards the stand across from the main stand at Fir Park.

Yes, i remeber being at Roberts debut against Utd on a boxing day too. It was freezing that day but Roberts spiced it up with some right juicy tackles.

Thanx lads.:rfc:

p.s if you or anyone else finds a link let me know please. Cheers.

If i remember corretly It was his first game for Rangers. Date was Jan 6th 1987 with a crowd of 19,658

You may struggle for a link to the goal. the game wasnt shown on TV.

I think your right. And that may have been because it was rearranged from a postponment.

But, i could have sworn i saw it on one of the old Rangers videos in the 1990s.

Guest adamski
I think your right. And that may have been because it was rearranged from a postponment.

But, i could have sworn i saw it on one of the old Rangers videos in the 1990s.

Bomber scored a similar goal (from lesser distance) at Fir Park I'm sure in the early 90s

maybe it was that you're recalling

I've sadly never been witness to Roberts' strike

As far as I can remember, the goal was scored into the goal to the right of the main stand, just after half-time. It was a freezing cold evening and he game was devoid of anything of note until Roberts unleashed this shot that flew into the top corner of the net.

As others have said, I don't believe that the game was televised so don't think there will be footage of it anywhere (could be wrong tho).....

Cammy F

If I remember correctly ? And then you tell us the exact crowd.... come on, admit it, you googled :flipa: