SFA and Sectarian Singing

It appears that we have been reported to the SFA for sectarian singing at Motherwell on Sunday and the SFA are dispatching delegates to Ibrox on Saturday and to Tynecastle on Sunday.

Moreover, it has been reported that Craptic were reported to the SFA for sectarian and IRA chanting at the last game of the season at The Dungheap and the SFA are wanting a report from Tynecastle this Sunday. This has led to Peter Lawell printing an open letter to fans in this weeks Craptic View pleading for them to drop sectarian and IRA chanting as he fears a backlash from the SFA and UEFA.

This proves that the SFA and UEFA spotlight isn't going to move from us this season, so we need to box clever - if we can drop the EF***EE'ing and The Billy Boys we can exert preasure on the REAL bigots.

As many of us have said on here, the Craptic minded media in Scotland don't want us to stop singing EF***EE'ing and The Billy Boys, because if we do, the spotlight is going to be firmly on the REAL bigots.

Come on Bears, wise up and lets put preasure on the REAL bigots

Cammy F

Im sure i will hear it on the TV once again this weekend and for a few more weeks/months yet.

But i believe it will, and HAS to, eventually be snuffed out when the fans who still insist on singing these songs wise-up (or get thrown out) and realise what it could do to our club.

well said cammy,

Celtic fans keep taking this moral high ground, but i noticed too that there is an appeal out to them to stop their chants too .... so lets sort ourselves out and put the pressure onto them!

... and to the idiots who want to keep singing these songs ...... WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO REALISE WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO OUR CLUB? If you want to sing those songs, fine ....... just fuck off and do it somewhere else! :mad:

well said cammy,

Celtic fans keep taking this moral high ground, but i noticed too that there is an appeal out to them to stop their chants too .... so lets sort ourselves out and put the pressure onto them!

... and to the idiots who want to keep singing these songs ...... WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO REALISE WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO OUR CLUB? If you want to sing those songs, fine ....... just fuck off and do it somewhere else! :mad:

The ironic thing is Jim, they claim to 'hate Craptic' yet their behaviour takes the spotlight away from Craptic :ffs:

If we take 2 steps (ending the fooking of the pope and refraining from singing the billy boys) all the pressure is going to go on THEM.

We will have their media lap-dogs in the press telling everyone that RB, GSTQ etc are sectarian, but they aren't and their fixation with Rangers will show them up to as the bigots that they are.

Cammy F

What i hate is everytime one of their directors, etc, issues a reminder to fans, it's always along the lines of 'we dont have to worry' and 'we have a great record / UEFA award' etc

So why the fuck issue a reminder then, if they are so perfect? No, they have a problem, they just dont want to admit it! :mad:

A new twist to this story - according to Craptic Quick News, Craptic have been reported to UEFA over their singing.

http://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/2006/08/uefa-to-investigate-celtic-for.shtml

Read the thread and read the replies, it appears they have fans in denial, fans willing to change and fans who hate the sectarian baggage - does any of that sound fimiliar?

Cammy F

The usual odious denial from the greatest fans in the world who seem to be confused as usual as to what the problem seems to be! :rolleyes:

One even went on to talk about our new PR reps possibly being the people reporting Celtic, as a tactic to divert the attention from Rangers!! :D

I think the Rangers support has differed .... some people want to carry on the songs, some people (most i think) dont .... but we seem to agree about the content of them - the Celtic fans are so blinkered that they just cant see a problem at all

The usual odious denial from the greatest fans in the world who seem to be confused as usual as to what the problem seems to be! :rolleyes:

One even went on to talk about our new PR reps possibly being the people reporting Celtic, as a tactic to divert the attention from Rangers!! :D

I think the Rangers support has differed .... some people want to carry on the songs, some people (most i think) dont .... but we seem to agree about the content of them - the Celtic fans are so blinkered that they just cant see a problem at all

Aye, talking about the 'Soon There Will Be No Protestants At All' song, one guy says 'Its no been sung for years' only for 3 or 4 posters to say it was sung, with gusto on Saturday and all last season...:)

I seriously wonder if the media will pick up on this. It is no secret that they trawl thro Rangers and Craptic websites looking for stories. Surely, with all the attention our 'percieved' secterianism has received, they won't ignore Craptic fans ADMITTING that sectarian and 'political' songs are sung every home game, which goes agaisnt everything the press, Britney in particular have been telling us for years?

Cammy F

In Quinn's letter to the celtic fans, it seems to be more of a dig at rangers than it does at warning celtic.

He said something like ' Celtic dont have a reason to be apprehensive on this matter, we have an outstanding record on and off the field blah blah FIFA award.

Would love for them to get equal treatment but for the time being it aint gonna happen, just gonna have to try get out own house in order

Would love for them to get equal treatment but for the time being it aint gonna happen, just gonna have to try get out own house in order

But if the article on Craptic Quick News is correct, then they have been treated equally, as in, someone (or group) have reported them and they will be investigated. And going by the responses from the article, they do have something to fear, they have openly admitted to singing sectarian songs both home and away...

Cammy F