The reason I think Ferguson gets the amount of abuse he does is because:

a) his constant sub-standard performances

b) thinking he's bigger than the club

c) his previous conviction (ie the PLG affair)

It all adds up.

No problem with slagging Barry. His actions deserve it.

Even though Derek can be a dick I was just pointing out you can't slag him for doing his job. Discussing Rangers on RTV and in the media, ( he possibly only spoke directly to RTV and the papers lifted his qutoes anyway).

The reason I think Ferguson gets the amount of abuse he does is because:

a) his constant sub-standard performances

b) thinking he's bigger than the club

c) his previous conviction (ie the PLG affair)

It all adds up.

a) not the only one that can be labelled at - as an example Steven Davis has been worse then Ferguson this season. however, the thought is that it's Barry Ferguson's fault that 'x', 'y' and 'z' areb't performing due to BF being a 'bully', ball-hogger' etc...

b) I don't think he believes he is bigger than the club - he has played thro injuries, making himself unwell due to injections. Not the behaviour of someone who thinks he's bigger than the club. Maybe he should have hidden in the treatment room like others.

c) hardly been proven - too many different stories from different sources. How would it have turned out if PLG had stayed? Who knows but I find it cringeworthy that PLG who ran out of Rangers is held in higher esteem than BF.

Cammy F

To your explanation to point B Cammy:

Playing through the pain barrier to help our cause is a very generous offer but I'd have preferred him to sit on the treatment table and get nursed back to fitness. In the long run he's doing more damage to himself. I hate how people seem to think that because a player plays through injuries he's some sort of saviour!

Barry Ferguson is a ball-hogger it's just a pity he hasn't got the class to perform in that role successfully. If Gazza or Laudrup decided to ball-hog then I'd have been delighted.

To your explanation to point B Cammy:

Playing through the pain barrier to help our cause is a very generous offer but I'd have preferred him to sit on the treatment table and get nursed back to fitness. In the long run he's doing more damage to himself. I hate how people seem to think that because a player plays through injuries he's some sort of saviour!

Barry Ferguson is a ball-hogger it's just a pity he hasn't got the class to perform in that role successfully. If Gazza or Laudrup decided to ball-hog then I'd have been delighted.

In an ideal world, BF should have been rested and nursed back to fitness. However, his desire to play for Rangers and his managers (both AMc and WS) asked him to play thro the pain to help Rangers. Again, hardly actions of someone who believes he is bigger than the club.

Ferguson is a ball-hogger, there is no doubting that, but that doesn't excuse the terrible contributions from his team-mates - however, many fans use this excuse and appear to blame Ferguson for everyone elses errors.

Ferguson has his faults, there is no denying it - however, he gets some unfair press from RANGERS fans who want to blame him for every ill at the club. Ferguson doesn't pick the team, Ferguson doesn't sign players and Ferguson doesn't hire and fire managers although some would have you believe otherwise.

Cammy F

I will say to my dying breath...If it was Joe Bloggs or A.N Other from Brigadoon Utd .....This would have blown over a long time ago and they would have been still playing for their country.

Guest adamski
I will say to my dying breath...If it was Joe Bloggs or A.N Other from Brigadoon Utd .....This would have blown over a long time ago and they would have been still playing for their country.

yes, but it wasn't, it was the captain of club and country acting like the wee ned we don't need

we've won 4 league games on the trot for the first time since Ferguson's "return"

it's no coincidence

yes, but it wasn't, it was the captain of club and country acting like the wee ned we don't need

we've won 4 league games on the trot for the first time since Ferguson's "return"

it's no coincidence

aye our midfield has been superb hasn't it :whistle:

Guest adamski
aye our midfield has been superb hasn't it :whistle:

I don't think we're any worse off, and we've found room for a midfielder who can make runs into the box and score goals

I don't think we're any worse off, and we've found room for a midfielder who can make runs into the box and score goals

I don't think we're any better off either. Edu has been the best of the three and even he's not been that great but gives his all at least and as you say has been scoring goals. Mendes and Davis have IMO been well short of form for months......