Rangers V Hiberian Match Report & Player Ratings

Which is why I said "as effective going forward" ;)

Defensively I have ALWAYS said that Whittaker loses positional sense far too easily - first time I saw him was when I went to a Hibs season opener against Aberdeen - he played RB and going forward looked good, but defensively was very poor.

Hey, I was adding not arguing! :D

Apologies for any mistakes in the report / ratings but in my defence, I had had a social event in Edinburgh on Saturday evening and was 'dragged' into a wee bowling club off London Road prior to the game :)

Rangers tend to look better through beer goggles and I was seated near the rear of the top tier of the stand.....!

Cammy F

Watched the game with the worst hangover i've ever had. :(

Random thoughts on the game seem to tally with what everyone else saw though. Edu had a poorer game compared to others recently, though this is mitigated by the fact that he was still better than his more experienced colleagues in the engine room.

How is it so many people seem to hit "wonder goals" against us. The kind where you can't really blame the defence or the keeper and just have to praise the opposition attacker. That's Ranking and Potter (I thinK) in the last two games. Rankin's goal meant yet again we had to eke out victory with a narrow one goal victory instead of strolling it. THough admittedly we did so comfortably. Did Dorman get a cracker against us earlier this year too.

If we were selling sloppy goals like Rankins "squiggler" against Celtic we'd have no one to blame but ourselves for dropping points or having to fight hard for victory. It's a bit gutting to see these long range thunderbolts ripping in.

Don't mistake this as some bizarre timmy-esque conspiracy theory btw. Just a quirk of the game. But it is a bit annoying as you can't do anything about it or even highlight a player whose fault it is and who could be dropped.