Had a weak game against Hibs I felt.

The only reason I could see for him not getting pulled for Miller instead of Velicka is he's usually good to nick a goal.

Not solely his fault. The mdifield, Edu aside, were overall pretty poor again and created little. We didn;t get down Hibs flanks enough and get balls for him to attack.

There was one good ball in sometime in the second half but he didn't get a good contact.

I don't think it was due a lack of trying but little came off for either forward til Velicka's goal which I thought was a cracker.

With Velicka coming in from the cold and Miller getting back to fitness Boyd could be going off the boil at just the wrong time again.

1 bad game after 3 good one's though, we can forgive him that. However assuming he gets the nod against St Mirren he'll need a good team performance as well as a goal to have a realistic chance of the final Old Firm game.

Would feel for the big man if he was to miss out again. I think a goal in a big Old Firm game could finally convince all the doubters. But after all his hard work post boozegate he picked a bad week to have a quiet game. Even on form Smith isn't convinced with him for these games so Sunday's performance will likely have big bearing on the manager's tactical decision's.

Hopefully it was a one off and we'll see the Boyd of recent weeks in the semi-final.:rfc:

I didnt think he did that badly to be honest. He had very little service and any striker will suffer under those circumstances.

However, what he did do, was work tirelessly for the cause, or so I felt, and that is one of the things he has taken a slating for this season. Looked to me as if he was putting forth much more effort yesterday.

To be fair, the long punt from back to front won't suit many teams against Hibs with Rob Jones and Hogg back there.

I didnt think he did that badly to be honest. He had very little service and any striker will suffer under those circumstances.

However, what he did do, was work tirelessly for the cause, or so I felt, and that is one of the things he has taken a slating for this season. Looked to me as if he was putting forth much more effort yesterday.

To be fair, the long punt from back to front won't suit many teams against Hibs with Rob Jones and Hogg back there.

To be fair I think a poor overall team performance in terms of creating for the front men along with giving Jones carte blanche to assault Rangers players (mostly Velicka) made for a long day for the front two.

Worked tirelessly to little effect.

I also think Smith got it wrong. :box:

2 big-ish with little pace between them but awesome fire power.

Much as I don't rate Miller, and altough being a late sub will have augmented his effect, a player with pace and movement created more problems for Hogg and Jones. A front line of Boyd/Velicka with Novo/Miller was the way forward. However perhaps Walter felt both had done enough to retain their places last time out.

A game against St Mirren is likely a good match for Boyd to re-assert his credentials for an Old Firm starting berth. Though no doubt it will be a return to a negative 4-5-1.

I agree S-A but the difference I witnessed on Sunday was a different attitude from Boyd. Although he wasn't having a good game, his attitude was better. He (and Velicka) were being kicked all over Easter Road by the thuggish Hibs defence with no protection from the officials.

Usually, this would see Boyd 'hiding' or going in the huff, but on Sunday he continued to try and continued to go back for more punishment.

I also agree that if Velicka was match fit then Boyd would have been replaced sooner.

Cammy F