No I am not missing the Rangers point of view.

Broadfoot is not the long term solution in my opinion. But our club is in the midst of a massive cost-cutting exercise. If we let Broadfoot leave then just how much will it cost us for a replacement ? 10k a week ? For someone who quite possibly isnt proven in our league ?

If Broadfoot was asking for a 100% increase then he could be better value than letting him go and getting an untried replacement in who can 1) only play one position and 2) is costing more than it would to keep Broadfoot.

How is that not thinking in terms of the club ?

You talk about Broadfoot having a "bunch of good games and the odd international appearance" and then suggest Whittaker would command a greater fee and a bigger club. I am not so sure. Why has there been no mention of Whittaker going anywhere ? Why was it Broadfoot who was sought after in the January window ?

I think you are playing up Whittaker's recent performances more than you should and, at the same time, down-playing those of Broadfoot.

Again I dont see the relevance of your comparison with MP's v bankers. You are talking about two individuals in two different industries. We are comparing two footballers, in the same industry, at the same club. I fail to see that MP comparison as valid. Asides, as you said yesterday, football is different to industry and should perhaps be compared as entertainers - it is very rare to see politicians or banksers referred to as entertainers.

I disagree about Whittaker being a player who attracts big crowds and is an entertainer. Sure, he has scored some good goals but he still isnt the type of player that people say "I must go to the game to see him" - but then, we dont really have ANY players like that at Ibrox.

If we are reducing costs and if Whittaker is going to command a better fee then perhaps Whittaker is the one who we should let go. If he in on 10k a week (a superstars wage) then surely that is the type of player we should be letting go ? Do we need to build a team round Whittaker ? Not in my opinion. He is decent going forward but gets caught out too often at the back for my liking.

Either way, I doubt we would agree on this - although I dont think we are that far from agreeing.

You CAN pay a player more money and still save the club money.