Werder Bremen v Shaktar Donetsk.

Looking forward to this game. Werder were pretty awesome in the 2nd leg against Hamburg in the semi-final. Shaktar scraped through against Dynamo Kiev. Both teams have scored plenty of goals en route to the final so it should make for a crackin' game.

I'm heading into town to watch it with a couple of mates. What's the town like on a Wednesday night? Quiet?

My prediction.....

2-1 Bremen.

Think I'll watch this one as well. ITV4 I take it? Should be decent, I reckon it'll be a pretty even match-up and it'll be nice to watch it without the gut-churning fear I had watching last year's final. No real preference as to the winner, I'll go for Shaktar on penalties after a 2-2 draw.

I was hoping Hamburg would get to the final, but unfurtunately Werder obliterated their season by putting them out the UEFA cup semi finals, defeating them in the German Cup final, and beating them 3-1 in the league to all but stop their league challenge.

Just for that alone, i want Shakhtar to win it, and for the arrogance Bremen showed us when they beat us 1-0 in the UEFA cup last season, but they obviously lost it 2-1 on agg and they spat the dummy out and showed a lot of poor sportsman ship after and during the game in Bremen.

So, Shakhtar to win 2-0.

I've just heard Werder have sold less than 5000 tickets for the final. I know it's in Istanbul, but that's a pretty poor show from a supposedly big club. In fact no, if that's true, they're not a big club in the slightest.

Cracking first half. Infinitely better than anything I've seen in this season's Champions League. First time I've seen Shakhtar this season and they do look the more dangerous of the two sides - some of their attacking play is great on the eye. That said, Werder are quite capable of brief spells of pressure, particularly after their goal as their confidence visibly returned. They do miss Diego however. Really should be 1-0 to the Ukranians though, I had no idea Shakhtar had signed Artur Boruc.