Four-in-a-row is in the bag for Celtic

I have said it before, and it's worth saying again; Hartson's finest sellik moment was the Sunday afternoon his former wife drove the family Range Rover to the Happy Eater front doors of ra Stydome, and unloaded several bin liners containing Hartson's possessions. The News of the Screws revealed that morning that the fat Welshman had been conducting an affair with a denominational schoolteacher from Newmains. He had put her up in one of the luxury flats at the Glasgow Harbour development.

After dumping the bin liners into the hands of the Stade de Gadd security, Hartson's former wife was back with his golf clubs. Kerrydale Street to Newton Mortgage and return in under an hour was a hugely deflating experience for Hartson, it took him that long to turn with the ball at his feet.

This should serve Samaras and McGeady well in future.... but won't. How to motivate your opponents.....

From sportinglife

Maurice Edu has branded as "malicious" a Glenn Loovens challenge on him in the final Old Firm derby of the season.

Rangers midfielder Edu initially felt Celtic defender Loovens had accidentally raked studs down the back of his knee during the May 9 Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League clash at Ibrox.

But having since watched replays of the incident, Edu has changed his mind,

"When it happened, I thought Loovens had kicked the ball away and had just followed through," said Edu of the incident, which has been referred to the Scottish Football Association's disciplinary committee.

"But, when I saw the replay, it looked a little bit more malicious.

"It was definitely sore right up to a couple of days afterwards."

Edu, who revealed Loovens apologised to him immediately after the incident, added: "I think it's good the SFA are looking at video evidence because sometimes situations happen during a game and the referee can miss them."

Meanwhile, Ibrox striker Nacho Novo has revealed Rangers were fired up by jibes from both Georgios Samaras and Aiden McGeady as they clinched the title on Sunday.

Walter Smith's men won the SPL for the first time in four years after beating Dundee United 3-0 on the final day of the season.

Celtic striker Samaras claimed in the build-up to the game that Rangers would be unworthy champions but it was the taunts of Parkhead team-mate McGeady which most rankled Novo.

A video of the Republic of Ireland midfielder revelling in Rangers' misery when Celtic won the title 12 months earlier was shown to the Ibrox players before they travelled to Tannadice.

Novo told the Daily Record: "In this game - and especially in this country - you should always show some respect for the other side. In fact, in life you should have respect for other people. It's a basic rule.

"Samaras broke that rule when he said what he said and Aiden McGeady did the same thing a year ago when they won the title at Tannadice.

"We saw the video clip of him after that game and I have always kept it on my mind. A few of the boys felt the same.

"That showed no class and no respect.

"If they were being honest with themselves they would admit the only reason they won that title last year was because Rangers had to play four games in a week. It's probably fair to say we deserved to win that league more than them.

"So how McGeady reacted was not right. And what Samaras said last week was just as much of an insult."

That biscuit-tin mentality could very well have the Tims in our shadow for a while to come IF we manage our finances well.

We have a strong squad and with a bit of trimming and one or two purchases will be far better equipped than they are.

That Hartson article that we all mocked where he said "Celtic wouldn't take one Gers player"http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/columnists/johnhartson/article2419966.ece ...... I think almost the same could be said but in reverse....

Boruc or Alexander/McGregor - no contest, Gers player(s) please

Hinkel or Whittaker - same, Whittaker

Caldwell or Bougherra - no-brainer, Bougherra

McManus or Weir - even at his age, Weir

Naylor or Papac - no contest, Papac

Nakamura or Davis - Davis for me

Hartley or Mendes - Mendes, even if off-form

Brown or Thomson - when fit, Thomson, thanks

McGeady or Lafferty - Probably McGeady (though I HATE to admit it) but only because we have so few options at LM

McDonald or Boyd - Boyd, hands down

JvoH or Miller - Miller, scores more and links play more

I think we are in far better shape than they are - though lets see what happens after the transfer window.