Made me smile... :D

And that's all I was trying to do...... make people smile - can I be renamed GersNet's Richard Prior :) (more like Chubby Brown before any of you smart bassas says anything)

Cammy F

Rangers manager Paul Le Guen was confronted by rival fans after watching Celtic's match at Hearts, police said.

The Frenchman was verbally abused by supporters as he left Tynecastle Stadium in Edinburgh on Sunday.

Police confirmed they received reports of an incident involving the coach, who joined the Glasgow club in the summer.

The manager was spat at, had his windscreen obscured and was flashed at by a Celtic fan, according to the Scottish Daily Mirror.

He was said to have been spotted by Celtic fans, who had just seen their team lose 2-1, near a school on McLeod Street which is used as a car park on matchdays.

Le Guen, who was reportedly with his assistant Yves Colleau and other members of his staff, was understood to have then been verbally abused by a group of fans.

The paper reported a newspaper was thrust across his windscreen as he tried to drive away after a fan spat at him.

A supporter is understood to have then exposed himself to the former Lyon coach.

A spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Police confirmed that officers attended an incident at the stadium's car park after the game.

The force said Le Guen was subjected to "banter and backchat".

She added no complaint had been received and by the time officers arrived Le Guen had gone.

A spokeswoman for Rangers declined to comment.

Guest Biggus_Mannus

Unfortunately every football team has an element of support which is undesirable. Its not just Celtic and Rangers. I work beside an ex Police Inspector who always dreaded Hearts visits more than the Old Firm at Firhill. I think Colshy's comments about Celtic supporters behaviour shaming Scottish football is innacurate. Perhaps in his own experience yes. We should all sort out our own house before castigating each other. I am sure you can recount instances where people impersonating Celtic supporters have behaved disgracefully but I'm afraid the same applies with Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc.

I am sure the culprits will be dealt with in a serious manner, just like the lighter thrower and the dude who smashed up Shug Dallas' windows :admin:

Acht, sure its just 'Juan Guy'......

Cammy F

The force said Le Guen was subjected to "banter and backchat".

this statement alone piss`s me off!!

Complete joke

Steve, this is the same force that refused to arrest even one Craptic fan for openly breaking the laws of this country - not one Craptic fan arrested for their entrie section singing the praises of terrorists (and sectarian songs).

Doesn't back-chat imply that PLG said something FIRST and Timmy retaliated? Here we go, not only are the lap-dhogs in the mhedia turning this into PLG's fault, but the Police are implying that Timmy 'retaliated'....

Compare and contrast OUR mhedias reporting on this incident to a report from SWEDEN -

From Sweden's Aftonbladet - if only the Scottish press had the same guts.

I'd not heard about the damage to the car before.......

Link : http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/...868292,00.html

Translation :

Kalle Svensson's manager attacked by Celtic fans.

Kalle Svensson manager in Glasgow Rangers, Paul le Guen was attacked on Sunday by enraged Celtic fans.

The frenchman managed to get into his car but a side mirror and a side window were smashed.

The attack happened after Celtics away match against Hearts. Celtic lost unexpectantly at Tyncastle and the fans were substantially enraged when they got sight of their rivals trainer.

Other that the damage to the car Le Guen was verbally abused, and the damage has now been reported to the police.

------------------------------------------------

This is one fooked up country we are living in at the moment.

Cammy F

I think Colshy's comments about Celtic supporters behaviour shaming Scottish football is innacurate.

Are they?

So far this season, Craptic fans have;

Assualted the Rangers manager (French Catholic, it would be interesting to find out if the fact that he is the Rangers manager or a Catholic was behind the attack).

Once again a Craptic fan has ran onto the pitch putting the safety of players and officials in danger

They have sung both sectarian and terrorist songs at both legaue games played so far, hence face a SFA and UEFA investigation

Craptic's singing section had split due to members wanting to continue to sing IRA and sectarian songs - both have IRA emblems and names etc - one actually paid a convicted IRA terrorist to paint the Jock Stein banner, with the clubs knowledge and support.

Two Craptic players caught singing IRA during a CLUB function in a hotel run by, lets say a man of ill-repute.

They have broke into the Rangers trophy room, taken photo's that poked fun at a dead Rangers fan.

Craptic and Hearts casuals fought all the way from Tynecastle to Haymarket after the game on Sunday, smashing windows etc.

Maybe Colshy has a point.... or has that 'Juan Gy' been really busy?

Cammy F