SSN: Dailly and Hemdani Freed - Weir Offered New Contract

Hemdani was always going to be going. Not playing plus high wage=no brainer.

Dailly too - nothing more than a stop-gap and with us looking to trim the playing squad was always likely to be a casualty.

Glad Weir has been offered the contract. Even if not playing in every game his experience, knowledge and positioning will still be invaluable to the other CB's in the squad. AND he seems more than happy to stay behind to coach those players (am sure I read that Broadfoot often stays behind and gets coached from Weir).

Just surprised we haven't heard of some others who will be leaving.

Good start though as neither Hemdani nor Dailly would be people who would be expected to stay. Let's just hope it is the periphery players who leave and no 1st-team key players (where is the "praying" asmilie when you need it ??)

I share the thoughts, Weir is a good addition to keep on. He wont manage 40+ games but will be a key player.

I possibly thought the opposite of Frankie, have him more so for the CL games. If he is 100% for these matches then this is where his quality will show through. All depends who the new centre half would be.

Fair point Gribz... Could work that way if we have to be defensive for certain games but for those that we need to win, we need to defend higher up the park.

Weir's lack of pace often means we can't do that.

Looks like we'll be in the hunt for a new striker now that Dailly has been freed. :whistle:

Lol, very good mate, made me laugh. :thup:

Craid, hadn't heard that re: Weir and Broadfoot. Any ideas where you read. Encouraging to hear some players at least are working hard on their game.