I think the Hammer needs a wee thread of his own.

AWESOME AWESOME GUY / PLAYER

If it wasnt for Laudrup and Gascoigne then im sure the Hammer would be everyones favourtie foreign Ger...if not fave Ger...

My fave goal was the solo against Celtic at parkhead.....2mins 35 here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V51IzMuTlpg&feature=related]YouTube - Jorg Albertz *The Hammer*[/ame]

A top, top quality player and a guy who totally bought into the Rangers mentality. I remember seeing his Ibrox debut in 1996 in King Richard's testimonial v Arsenal and thinking we might just have a player on our hands. Treated abysmally by Advocaat. Albertz leaving was the beginning of the end for Advocaat at Rangers.

A top, top quality player and a guy who totally bought into the Rangers mentality. I remember seeing his Ibrox debut in 1996 in King Richard's testimonial v Arsenal and thinking we might just have a player on our hands. Treated abysmally by Advocaat. Albertz leaving was the beginning of the end for Advocaat at Rangers.

Biggest mistake Advocaat made in his life. Id cut off both my legs to have someone with the same commitment to the club and the skill to boot. Very hard to find these days.

Remember his debut myself. Think he started at left back in that game and also scored.

Used to get angry with him as he could be a bit lazy but his passing and shooting were a joy to watch.

Biggest mistake Advocaat made in his life. Id cut off both my legs to have someone with the same commitment to the club and the skill to boot. Very hard to find these days.

No that was Gattuso.

No that was Gattuso.

Rangers fans were initially patient with Advocaat when things started to go against him after O'Neill arrived at Celtic, giving him the benefit of the doubt after two wonderful seasons. When Albertz was frozen out of the team and then effectively forced out, the fans turned against him and there was no way back.

Rangers fans were initially patient with Advocaat when things started to go against him after O'Neill arrived at Celtic, giving him the benefit of the doubt after two wonderful seasons. When Albertz was frozen out of the team and then effectively forced out, the fans turned against him and there was no way back.

Dick Advocaat is a gold digger. If there is no gold he moves on. He has only ever won anything by having more money to spend than the rest.

Dick Advocaat is a gold digger. If there is no gold he moves on. He has only ever won anything by having more money to spend than the rest.

Disagree.

The man was an outside-the-box tactical master. Remember Derek McInnes v PSV? Saw the threat of the PSV front line and brought in a guy who had barely played all season in a position (sweeper) he nor the team had ever played. Result: 4-1 to the Teds. McLeish and Smith were/are totally incapable of such forward thinking.

Disagree.

The man was an outside-the-box tactical master. Remember Derek McInnes v PSV? Saw the threat of the PSV front line and brought in a guy who had barely played all season in a position (sweeper) he nor the team had ever played. Result: 4-1 to the Teds. McLeish and Smith were/are totally incapable of such forward thinking.

One instance Norris i know Advocaat longer than Rangers. He is like a prostitute No money No Dick!

Style, Elegance, power, vision, a deep love for the Rangers and feared by tims the world over. My favourite ever Ranger bar none. If he had pace he would have been world class, but then he wouldn't have been a Ranger as was often remarked. Oh to have the Hammer at LM these days.

btw Norris I think the McInnes "masterstroke" was against Parma.