Dundee Utd might have been a bogey side over the last few years but am i right in saying we have won the title there 3 times since ive been following the Gers??

97 - 9IAR...Hullo Hullo

Dundee Utd might have been a bogey side over the last few years but am i right in saying we have won the title there 3 times since ive been following the Gers??

97 - 9IAR...Hullo Hullo

I know the the last two are correct. And I remember reading, prior to this most recent victory being secured, people were talking about niar and another recent SPL Championship win at Tannadice but don't recall the year.

Someone else will confirm.

In 1991 Steven had moved for a massive fee of �£5.5 million to Olympique Marseille where he stayed for one season, winning the French league title. Rangers re-signed Steven for �£2.4 million in 1992. In contrast to his first spell at the club, Steven's second period at Ibrox was undermined by a succession of minor injuries, although they were league champions in each of the next five seasons (one of them as treble winners and two as double winners) before Steven retired from playing in 1997.

Copied from the net I'm afraid!

I applaud the current rangers side for our league championship sucess, to got to a ground which we regard as a tought ground and other teams have experienced how hard a team utd can be when they play to there strengths! is great! well done lads!

I remember that Trevor Steven title winning game well. I only got a ticket about 2 minutes to 3 (yes that's right a 3pm ko on the saturday for a title clincher) and me and my big mate could be spotted at the very back of the terracing behind the goal where Steven scored on the tv highlights.

I suppose I am lucky to have been there on all 3 occassions when we have lifted the title.

However, I was also at Tannadice behind the goal at the other end in 1998 when the bloke in front of me, who was listening to the radio from the piggery, shouted "ya bassa" and slammed his radio onto the ground in front of him into a thousand bits, and at that point I knew the scum had scored and that we would not be celebrating "the 10".

Another great player for us, did we sign him back cheaper than we sold him for? Sure we did but not 100%

Marseille bought him for 5.5 million and we signed him back for 2.4m but Im not sure if that was becuase they hadnt paid the full amount in the first place.

As for 1990 at tannadice...Im sure we won it there around the late 80s also...i remember seeing Butcher with one of those high hats celebrating there. We took over the stadium and had half the old terracing across from where the cameras are.

I think you are spot on with your recollection of the transfer of Trevor Steven. IIRC Marseilles did not want to pay the final instalment (the original �£5.5M was to be paid in 3 chunks), and we arranged to buy him back for the amount that was outstanding (around �£2.4M).

So we bought the player for �£1.5M originally, and received �£3.1M from Marseilles for what amounted to a 18 month loan deal.

Not sure about your Tannadice recollection though Gribz, I think you are thinking about 1990, as Butcher was still here for that title win. The only other titles we won in the 1980's was in 1987 at Pittodrie and 1989 I think was won at home with a 4-0 win over Hearts (Mel Sterland??)