AARON NIGUEZ today revealed he will return to Rangers on loan next season rather than go home to his native Spain.

The Valencia winger has been a standout for his country's Under-20 side at the Mediterranean Games in Italy, scoring twice as his team reached the final.

The 20-year-old, speaking to Rangers Media, said: "Valencia wanted me to go back to them for this season but I was keen to come back to Rangers.

"I am due to spend one more year at the club and I want to stay there. I think it is a good place for me to be and I want to help the team to do well.

"I am hopeful I can play more football than I did in my first season because I have got used to the game there now and I feel I have improved.

"I was very happy in Glasgow and I'm looking forward to going back there and trying to win more trophies for the club."

Like I said , great news. Here's a more fleshed out article from the retard:

Rangers delight as Valencia youngster Aaron returns to Ibrox

Jul 2 2009

VALENCIA youngster Aaron admits he can't wait to return to Rangers after starring for Spain's under-20 side at the Mediterranean Games in Italy.

The on-loan winger, who had been touted to return to Valencia, has been a standout for his country at the tournament in Pescara, scoring twice as his team has reached the final.

Aaron netted as he played the full 90 minutes in their opening 2-2 draw with Tunisia on June 25 and struck again as a substitute in a 3-0 win over Albania four days later.

The 20-year-old then turned in his best performance of the tournament last night as France were beaten 2-1 in the semi-finals.

Aaron played 75 minutes of that triumph and now he's looking forward to going for the gold medal against the host nation on Sunday.

It had been reported on June 8 that Aaron would be returning to the Mestalla stadium after Valencia opted to cut short his two-year loan to Rangers.

However, following a major turn of events the youngster now has one eye on next season and he's hoping it can be a landmark campaign for him as he tries to establish himself at Ibrox.

With manager Walter Smith set to make more use of the club's up-and-coming talents next term, the Spaniard feels confident he can make an impact.

Aaron made five appearances for Rangers in 2008/09 - four as a substitute - and scored twice in the Scottish Cup against Forfar Athletic and Hamilton.

He said: "Valencia wanted me to go back to them for this season but I was keen to come back to Rangers.

"I am due to spend one more year at the club and I want to stay there. I think it is a good place for me to be and I want to help the team to do well.

"I am hopeful I can play more football than I did in my first season in Scotland because I have got used to the game there now and I feel I have improved.

"I was very happy in Glasgow and I'm looking forward to going back there and trying to win more trophies for the club."

Aaron has been pleased with his performances in Italy over the last week as he has continued to make an impression at international level.

The likelihood is - as is the case with Madjid Bougherra and DaMarcus Beasley - he will be given extra time off after playing football through the summer.

Most of Smith's squad will report back to Murray Park for pre-season training next Thursday as they start preparing for their SPL title defence.

But while Aaron should get a few extra days off, he's eager to return to Auchenhowie too and show he's ready for regular first-team football with the Light Blues.

Aaron celebrates winning the SPL with Nacho NovoHe added: "Things have gone very well for me in Italy. We drew our first game 2-2 and I scored then I got another goal against Albania.

"I feel I have been playing some good football, especially against France in the semi-final. I didn't score in that game but for me, it was my best match.

"Now we have the final against Italy at the weekend and that should be an exciting game because they are the host country.

"When we finish here, I will be looking forward to coming back to Rangers and it will be good to get back to training there.

"I am not sure if I will get extra time off or not because I have been playing in Italy. I will have to speak to the manager about that.

"But even if I get a few more days off to go home and relax, I will be keen to come back to Rangers after that and get started again."

He's clearly quite special when given the chance. Anyone know if we can catch this tourney anywhere?

Edited by Cotter
grammatical bawbaggery

How did the club not come out and refute the stories his deal had ended earlier in the off season then? :confused:

Feckin useless communication with the fans again.

Papers running negative stories about how Valencia are unhappy and the player wanted away.

I agree S_A, it shows yet again the respect the club has for the fans.

To you see any of the papers coming out with an apology for their complete and utter mischief-making lies?

Dont hold your breath.

Tbh, I wasn't disappointed when I thought he'd left. If he's not good enough to be a first choice now I don't want to develop a player for another team when one of our own youths could be getting experience and growing as a player.

However I am a bit pissed at the club for the way this has panned out. If we knew/thought he would be returning why not make a statement, even just for the fans on the Official site saying nothing has changed and at this momment we expect Aaron back for pre-season training?

Like you point out, the club should demand, or the papers should have the good grace to print an apology for making up stories.