I'm unsure about the broadcasting rights and legalities of it all, but for British based fans they broadcast the full game on the Monday usually (I think).However might they be able to set up something similar to Rangers World but with Rangers tv whereby they could broadcast the game live outside of Britain? Would solve the issue for yourself and bring in added revenue to the club from expats that would help fund RTV.

Perhaps someone else can explain the legality of it all.

They currently DO broadcast live outside of the UK but only on the internet. I would definitely pay if I could get it broadcast over here though.

some interesting points, and a subject worth keeping on top of! I'd say if the club were to go solo outside the UK, they would be cutting off exposure to non-rangers fans, as it would be easier to let other people access it through an established provider. That said, how much would non-gers fans miss out on? is there even a market there? what about if we signed another foreigner that had his own personal fan-base... I mean, how many supporters clubs have popped up because of players we have signed? e.g. Arthur Numan, Michael Mols...

I think the only realistic target audience for the foreign market is ex-pats and Rangers fans. I understand what you are saying about fans of individual players. Did Numan and some of the Dutch boys not help set up a supporters club and travel company for fans coming over from there?

I'm not sure there is enough of a market to sell our games that way though. I don't know if there would be enough interest/subscribers.

I think the internet is definitely the way to go in terms of the foreign market, but the club is probably too short-sighted to see the potential. Even if they did go down that route it would probably be palmed off to a 3rd party, despite the fact that genuine Rangers fans have shown the drive, enthusiasm and know-how to practically do it themselves.

They currently DO broadcast live outside of the UK but only on the internet. I would definitely pay if I could get it broadcast over here though.

That third party would be the website would it not. We don;t even run that. Like many clubs we have the some provider there.

I know World show the games Craig. But in light of your post about it being a poor service that's why I was asking about RTV taking up the work of Rangers World to broadcast the games live, but only outside the UK where they don't infringe upon broadcasting agreements (e.g. no Saturday 3pm kick offs broadcast in the UK).

I don't know what the right answers are here.

I don't know if we can afford to run our own channel when considering what I said about MUTV. So perhaps an improved service from the website, with a proper stream is the answer. I do no profess to understand the technical aspect of those issues though and how an illegal stream can be considerably better than the official one?

Pete, as you are outside the UK you can purchase almost all Rangers games from the official website - cost is a fiver a game.

The issue I have with it is that often the stream is slower than the pirated streams. If I am paying a fiver I expect a decent broadcast.

I have heard you saying that a few times, so buying a stream is not an option for me unless it is good quality. I would have been happy to take Setanta but they could not take overseas viewers. It is now almost impossible to get a radio or tv station on the internet without them blocking foreign ip numbers.

A couple of months ago my TV provider who hides in dark and shadowy places told me that Sky had taken over the German Premier and also that i could now receive more channels. Being a beast of habit i never looked past the channels i always watched. After the discussion yesterday and due to constant rain this morning i decided to investigate. As was said i checked the German premier on Astra 2 (19.2) and everything was changed to Sky and all was open to me apart from the pay per View section. Then i decided to check the British Sky on Astra 1(28.2) and to my amazement i have everything open.

I also checked Canal + France and Spain and they are also open to me.

Setanta going bust may be bad for Scottish football but good for me if Sky or the American mob take it over as i also could watch that.

It could be a good season for me :spl:

Viva the Dreambox!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreambox

Been looking at the taster of the revamped site Frankie posted. Looks like a much improved Rangers World service. Though would need a subscriber to confirm. To compare what is now offered to what was.

Looks like you can watch all last seasons games. You can pay-per-download for classics like helicopter Sunday. There's a bench of headings for things like goals, classic sending offs etc etc but I can't view as a non-member.

Looks like my article was out dated even as it was written if the club already had these improvements lined up.

Perhaps one of the guys on here who subscribes could have a play aroudn with the new site when it's live and write a follow up piece. Looks like the club and the website provider may be in line for some praise. Thought that would up to the subscriber to decide.

Edit: Could tie in Old Firm tv too??