Adam and Gow Still Wanted

I would hang on to both players as i reckon they will come in handy during the season and both have potential.

But if they dont show it this season then i would punt them both next summer , i think they at least deserve a chane to prove themselves.

I think Adam when fit can be a real good player for us, he thinks of things other players in the team couldnt do. Just at times it doesnt come of for him !!

Gow hasnt had his chance, when he has played he has looked good, all be it against smaller teams.

But if they dont show it this season then i would punt them both next summer , i think they at least deserve a chane to prove themselves.

Adam has had chances to prove himself. He tries to do the hard stuff when the easy pass or touch would've been suffice.

With Gow, I've got a funny feeling there's something we're not being told about.

Gow has never had a chance , like you said there must be something we are not being told as for adam he has had more chances than enough and he will never change , he is always looking for a hollywood ball or shot instead of playing simple.

I think Adam when fit can be a real good player for us, he thinks of things other players in the team couldnt do. Just at times it doesnt come of for him !!

Gow hasnt had his chance, when he has played he has looked good, all be it against smaller teams.

Definitely agree with you on Adam. People criticize him for trying to make defense-splitting passes that don't always come off for him, as if that's somehow worse than having no ideas or initiative and constantly playing the square ball... or even worse, back to Davie Weir. :confused: The thing is, that his insight & initiative often do pay off, but he's not given much if any recognition for it. The irony is that he's been held back by the negativity of a support that are calling out for a more positive attacking approach to the game.

Definitely agree with you on Adam. People criticize him for trying to make defense-splitting passes that don't always come off for him, as if that's somehow worse than having no ideas or initiative and constantly playing the square ball... or even worse, back to Davie Weir. :confused: The thing is, that his insight & initiative often do pay off, but he's not given much if any recognition for it. The irony is that he's been held back by the negativity of a support that are calling out for a more positive attacking approach to the game.

Spot on mate !!

Summed him up perfectly, i still think Adam has a place in our team !

Yourself and Fraser have made some excellent points on this thread and in reading through it I have to laugh.

I am one poster who many will disagree with when it comes to results over performance. I'll take the win and never mind how it's achieved. Many other are more concerned with the performance.

And yet Hemdani is lauded as a superstar yet all he has in his locker are so called defensive (or negative in the context of this arguement) attributes. He has good positioning defensively. He will intercept passes and he will rarely/never play a forward pass (despite the Ferguson nicknames).

Adam, by contrast, is never afraid to try the difficult ball. He will paly the game the way many profess they wish us to play. He will look for the defence splitting ball.

Now if you only ever play the ball sideways or backwards 5 yards, your pass success should be 100%. If you regularly try the defence splitting balls, you will be lucky if your pass completion is about 1/3.

I don't think some fans really know what they want tbh!!! :whistle: