Boyd wants to start (and is running out of patience)

I think its the usual thing of a newspaper trying to make selected comments in to a whole story. The Daily Re*ord is running a Boyd Running Out of Patience story today, with the following actual comments from him.

"I was out for the first game and the boys can who came in did so well. Even against Dundee United there were chances made but not taken. So I could have no complaints. But obviously I'll be looking to get back into the team after yesterday.

"You can only take so much. I just want to carry on from where I left off last season."

Boyd is with the Scotland squad in St Andrews and revealed he had a chat with Rangers and Scotland hero Ally McCoist over his omission. He said: "Ally told me it's only three games into the season and I'll just need to keep my head down and hopefully we won't have that conversation again."

He'll start the next game.

I dont really pay attention to whats said in newspapers these days because it could be taken out of context.

Even if he is running out of patience, thats a good thing that he has the desire to play for the club.

Its not that he's showing a lack of respect to PLG, he just wants to start scoring.... as we all want to see.

Guest big-jonesy51

i thnk plg should start him against hearts and see how he plays,if he doesnt play well then take him off 55 or 60 mins into the game and give sebo or prso a run out

It might be a difficult season for Boyd as PLG chased Sebo for long enough and would probably want to start with him as sole striker ASAP...I agree Boyd needs games to stay sharp...

I think Sebo might have bee brought in to play the 'gap' role that Buffel plays more than the striker role.

Didnt really see much of him to judge myself but ive heard he's pacy, strong and has a good eye for goal, perfect for the attacking midfielder role i think.

Although its good we have the option to play him as a striker too.

Id like to see him and Body start a game to see how they get on, if it doesnt work out then so be it but worth a shot i think.

Id like to see him and Body start a game to see how they get on, if it doesnt work out then so be it but worth a shot i think.

I'd like that to be the case against hearts..it'll be interesting to see if PLG adapts his system to accomodate 2 strikers...

This looks like the papers trying to build some pressure on the manager.The fans have already started with why did we buy Sebo..etc..1.8 million could have been spent elsewhere...

Looks like we have to beat Hearts or there will be meltdown with our impatient support!!