Credit where it's due.

2 games, 2 goals.

No better an example that it is a squad game than this. With such a small squad this year we will need guys like McCulloch to play their part and with Thommo, Edu and Mendes all missing games early this season his contribution has been welcome.

I have heard question marks over his positioning, but with the holding midfield role being new to him I guess it is to be expected and hopefully he can continue to minimise the loss of so many central midfield players.

Thought he was, again, one of our better performers.

Or is it so far so good for mcculloch? I fear when we play tougher opposition he will be found out. But for the moment his goals are more than welcome.

Or is it so far so good for mcculloch? I fear when we play tougher opposition he will be found out. But for the moment his goals are more than welcome.

Do they come much tougher than Hearts at Tyncastle.

It depends. If he's good on the position we might even find he excels against better opposition. Needs to watch with refs though.

A pleasant surprise so far though, long may it continue!

Like SA i was going to put 'credit where credit is due', and this is an apt phrase for him today.

But, to be honest up to that point he wasn't one of our better performers and persistantly gave the ball away in bad positions, over commited himself in tackles, took up poor positions.

This was definetly the case in the first half.

But, i would use SA's phrase for him in the second half as he saved our bacon and did get in around the ball more and also gave the ball to more offensive players to make runs.

Sometimes i feel McCulloch thinks he is a natural defensive midfielder, thinking that position is his own.

I may be being unfair to him, but i lost a lot of faith in him because he was so awful for nearly two seasons in the left midfield role for us.

He does look good at times in this new role he has, but other times he is being found out badly.

In short, i am happy to use him as cover for Edu and Thomson in this position. But i sure hope he is nowhere near this position come the Champion league games, as he will be found out there.