Breaking News - Murray Steps Down as Chairman

14 championships

9 in a row

Murray Park

5 star Ibrox.

Not saying I think it's been an entirely glorious tenure, but you can see why the official site and also tomorrow's papers I suspect, will reflect generously on SDM�´s 'reign'.

Cotter, don't forget the 9 Scottish Cups & 10 League Cups!! :spl:

I was only talking football results that you accidentally omitted/conveniently forgot about & compared to all the cup wins & runs in Europe I mentioned in relation to that, the consecutive defeats to Celtic are nothing.

You can't seriously be counting cup wins as progress? Do cup wins negate 7 in a row, Kaunas, TBB, continued record debt, shambolic merchandising, abject failure to protect the fanbase against sustained media lies, the failure of Murray Park to produce anything resembling a conveyer belt of talent so we wouldn't have to fork out on the Mladenovics and the Capuchos and the Nerlingers?

If it really is just cup wins which are keeping Murray in a position of popularity with fans then it might have been in the best long-term interests of the club for us not to have won them.

You can't seriously be counting cup wins as progress? Do cup wins negate 7 in a row, Kaunas, TBB, continued record debt, shambolic merchandising, abject failure to protect the fanbase against sustained media lies, the failure of Murray Park to produce anything resembling a conveyer belt of talent so we wouldn't have to fork out on the Mladenovics and the Capuchos and the Nerlingers?

If it really is just cup wins which are keeping Murray in a position of popularity with fans then it might have been in the best long-term interests of the club for us not to have won them.

You're twisting what I'm trying to get at Norris. There's people judging Murray & as usual when it comes to judging someone like him, there's things that just seem to be missed out or forgotten or whatever. At the end of the day I'm not pro or anti Murray, but if you're going to judge someone like him on what their achievements have been, be they good or bad, the least you can do is actually include all of the bloody achievements. Ok, so there's an argument that Murray isn't directly responsible for the good things that have happened during his tenure, but that very same argument applies to the bad things. Murray has never been directly responsible for the results on the park, because he's never employed a shit manager. There's a ton of gripes about the way he's handled certain things & most of them are valid, since the buck does indeed stop with him on many of these things, however, there are some of the gripes which I genuinely don't think are his fault, whether he could have handled them differently or not. I think his stepping back could be a good thing in that sense. At least in doing so, he's forced to do some of the delegation he should have been doing all along.

Not really fair to discard them though, Norris. We can name all the negative things but not the positive? We have to look at the big picture. David Murray was over periods of his reign good for rangers but achieved a lot of his success by driving the club into financial difficulties. Personally i am glad he came to Rangers but sorry he has not left.

Talk about not being able to please any of the people any of the time!

For a fanbase that moans about us not playing up to the heritage, there's not much appreciation of the use of 'reign' and 'glorious'. Where else have you heard those two words closely together?

They just can't win!