Breaking News - Murray Steps Down as Chairman

the official site has Murray's "REIGN" as "GLORIOUS".

fuck me.

14 championships

9 in a row

Murray Park

5 star Ibrox.

Not saying I think it's been an entirely glorious tenure, but you can see why the official site and also tomorrow's papers I suspect, will reflect generously on SDM�´s 'reign'.

Not long in and saw this bombshell on Sky sports!

Bit of a shock, no?

Anyone give a quick summary as to who Johsnton is and what he might bring? :cheers:

Here's a soundbite from Murray re the new man:

"We are very fortunate to have Alastair," said Murray. "He's got far greater global reach in the sporting world than I've ever had.

"He brings a completely different dimension and experience and, having been on board for five years, he understands the workings of the football club."

Maybe one day we'll be able to get a bears top outside of glasgow....

Aye wee Dick must have been skint after that.

And poor Willie Wadell trying to work out the instructions for those Jumbotron screens:confused:

Willie Wadell done the biggest part on the new Ibrox, Murray only added to it.

Anyway Alistair, are we getting a new Centre half or not ffs?:confused:

I wouldn't bank on it. We don't get the xtra CL TV money now, so we still don't have more money (or less debt) than we had yesterday AFAIK.

Anyway, I'm not convinced that this decision by Murray will be in the best interests of the club. It may well actually cost the club financially, which if so, is the last thing we needed.

Here's a soundbite from Murray re the new man:

"We are very fortunate to have Alastair," said Murray. "He's got far greater global reach in the sporting world than I've ever had.

"He brings a completely different dimension and experience and, having been on board for five years, he understands the workings of the football club."

Maybe one day we'll be able to get a bears top outside of glasgow....

:cheers:

Sounds good. Though one wonders why, if he's been on the board all this time, we haven't been reaping the benefits already? :confused:

14 championships

9 in a row

Murray Park

5 star Ibrox.

Not saying I think it's been an entirely glorious tenure, but you can see why the official site and also tomorrow's papers I suspect, will reflect generously on SDM�´s 'reign'.

And since 2000 we've had............

3 championships (one to blubber McLennan?) 1 to every 2 for celtc

1 in a row

Murray Park producing squat

The 70,000 myth and barely a lick of paint

Not saying it's been an entirely unsuccessful tenure but you can see why the support might be less than impressed with the old blowhard and might not, I suspect, reflect too generously on his tenure.

:cheers:

Sounds good. Though one wonders why, if he's been on the board all this time, we haven't been reaping the benefits already? :confused:

There's a link to an article elsewhere on this thread which suggests Johnston, whilst being on the board, spent most of his time overseas. Perhaps any direct involvement on his part was previously minimal. From the minimal research I've done he looks a good choice.