Breaking News - Murray Steps Down as Chairman

And since 2000 we've had............

3 championships (one to blubber McLennan?) 1 to every 2 for celtc

1 in a row

Murray Park producing squat

The 70,000 myth and barely a lick of paint

Not saying it's been an entirely unsuccessful tenure but you can see why the support might be less than impressed with the old blowhard and might not, I suspect, reflect too generously on his tenure.

+ 5 Scottish Cups, 4 League Cups & several decent runs in Europe including a run to a UEFA Cup Final.

Edited by Zappa

+ 5 Scottish Cups, 4 League Cups & several decent runs in Europe including a run to a UEFA Cup Final.

The longest run of consecutive defeats to celtc in the history of the club, shop a fellow supporter, Kaunas, everyone's for sale ....... and Francis Jeffers ffs.

There's a link to an article elsewhere on this thread which suggests Johnston, whilst being on the board, spent most of his time overseas. Perhaps any direct involvement on his part was previously minimal. From the minimal research I've done he looks a good choice.

That'll be why Murray is commending his "global reach" - he's never here. I don't doubt he's far more capable than Murray and if Murray didn't still own the vast majority of the club there might even be some point feeling slightly optimistic. Unfortunately, Murray is still very much in control and Mr Johnston might as well keep on practicing his global reach. It's just another signature on the board minutes.

That'll be why Murray is commending his "global reach" - he's never here. I don't doubt he's far more capable than Murray and if Murray didn't still own the vast majority of the club there might even be some point feeling slightly optimistic. Unfortunately, Murray is still very much in control and Mr Johnston might as well keep on practicing his global reach. It's just another signature on the board minutes.

Agree as long as Murray is the main shareholder all decisions of any magnitude will have to be passed by him.

The longest run of consecutive defeats to celtc in the history of the club, shop a fellow supporter, Kaunas, everyone's for sale ....... and Francis Jeffers ffs.

I was only talking football results that you accidentally omitted/conveniently forgot about & compared to all the cup wins & runs in Europe I mentioned in relation to that, the consecutive defeats to Celtic are nothing.

There's a link to an article elsewhere on this thread which suggests Johnston, whilst being on the board, spent most of his time overseas. Perhaps any direct involvement on his part was previously minimal. From the minimal research I've done he looks a good choice.

So what was he doing on the board?

I was only talking football results that you accidentally omitted/conveniently forgot about & compared to all the cup wins & runs in Europe I mentioned in relation to that, the consecutive defeats to Celtic are nothing.

Aye, you're right, it's been great. Murray's the best.

I haven't read that article yet. :o Like to wait and read anything in depth when i'm fully awake and concentrating. I guess that explains it though.