2 mill in the bank

Still got Chick Young on the radio now saying that regardless and even if we get rid of some players, there will be no money for players. He also brings up the Davie Weir situation again saying that we really struggled to find the money to keep him on. Lots of chat about the influence the bank has over us as well.

Adding more credence to just how much influence the bank have over us and just how bad our financial situation is?

Edited: Traynor still saying there's a possible buyer within the next 2-3 weeks or so, but was only 50-50. To be fair, he was right about Smith's contract and also said something big would happen within the week which was SDM going.

His main point is that Murray going will make it more likely for us to find a buyer and also that our debt isn't that bad at the moment, especially with CL revenue and especially not if the club goes for a reasonable price.

Edited by ascender

I think he's always been fairly close to Murray though and if he does know something its not surprising he won't/can't say anything. I'm as cynical as most about reporters motives and their "exclusives", but much of what he said yesterday seemed to add up and was being backed up by others on the show.

I think he's always been fairly close to Murray though and if he does know something its not surprising he won't/can't say anything. I'm as cynical as most about reporters motives and their "exclusives", but much of what he said yesterday seemed to add up and was being backed up by others on the show.

I haven't a scooby what's going on but I'm sure I could develop a credible agrument and pretend I did. Give me the platform of a national newspaper and a BBC radio show and I guarantee I could have most of the audience convinced I know but can't say.

Name me one sports journalist in Scotland who doesn't play this game. Usually, the less they actually say the greater the inference that they do know some inside info.

In your wildest dream do you honestly believe Murray confides in any journalist when it comes to his business affairs? All Murray has done is manipulate the press and broadcast media to cultivate some sympatheic publicity and take everyone's eyes of his real intentions. That's not being sneaky, it's just a sensible precaution.

Murray started off being good for Rangers, followed by a long period of increasingly aimless decline. If it had been the other way around, I'd have no problem with him. But whatever I think of the need for him to get out of Rangers, I don't think he's about to let low grade monkeys like Traynor into his plans, no matter how flattered Traynor might be to think it's otherwise.

Edited by maineflyer

I haven't a scooby what's going on but I'm sure I could develop a credible agrument and pretend I did. Give me the platform of a national newspaper and a BBC radio show and I guarantee I could have most of the audience convinced I know but can't say.

Name me one sports journalist in Scotland who doesn't play this game. usually, the less they actually say the greater the inference that they do.

In your wildest dream do you honestly nelieve Murray confides in any journalist when it comes to his business affairs? All Murray has done is manipulate the press and broadcast media to cultivate some sympatheic publicity and take everyone's eyes of his real intentions. That's not being sneaky, it's just a sensible precaution.

Murray started off being good for Rangers, followed by a long period of increasingly aimless decline. If it had been the other way around, I'd have no problem with him. But whatever I think of the need for him to get out of Rangers, I don't think he's about to let low grade monkeys like Traynor into his plans, no matter how flattered Traynor might be to think it's otherwise.

Very well put point. :thup: