Boyd to Leave

Stay or Go?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Stay or Go?

• Go
    • Stay

Heard a rumour the other day that the reason WS isn't bothered if Boyd goes is because of his attitude. Apparently, Boyd arrived at Murray Park but never showed up on the pitch for training. When someone went to see where he was, he was fast asleep in the changing room.

Probably shite but you never know.

Who would score Boyd's goals if he went. Sure Miller and Lafferty might get a few more each, but I don't think we'd make up the shortfall in the goals for column and hence drop more silly points.

Between Miller and Lafferty, they wouldn't score the amount Boyd does.

Between Miller and Lafferty, they wouldn't score the amount Boyd does.

I quite agree.

The arguement against Boyd I often read is that if he left, we wouldn't automatically lose 30ish goals a season as someone else would score them.

If you accept the argument about making more chances then sure Miller might grab a few more, as would whoever played in Boyd's stead. Maybe even some midfielders would chip in more.

I reckon, though, it would only account for maybe half Boyd's contribution though.

If we had a midfielder who could score 10+ goals a season then I reckon the loss of Boyd wouldn't hit us as hard as it would with our present midfield and their scoring records.

I remember when Craig Burley signed for Celtic, he was plundering shots in from 18/20/25 yards and they were flying in. At present, we have no one who can do that on a regular basis.

If we had a midfielder who could score 10+ goals a season then I reckon the loss of Boyd wouldn't hit us as hard as it would with our present midfield and their scoring records.

I remember when Craig Burley signed for Celtic, he was plundering shots in from 18/20/25 yards and they were flying in. At present, we have no one who can do that on a regular basis.

Lee McCulloch has got 2 goals in 3 games :thup: