Possibly should've posted it in Football Chat but I never.

Would you go for any of these players? Personally, I'd stay well clear of them.

Managers around the country will be kicking themselves as attempts to bring in new talent failed when the transfer window slammed shut.

But, fear not, Mr. Annoyed Manager as there's no reason why you can't add to your squad right now. All you need to do is find yourself a footballer who is a free agent. You see, the rules that govern when a player, who is registered with a club, can move do not apply to free agents.

Players that have experience, talent, a pair of boots and, most importantly, no club can join a team whenever they want. So, form a queue (no pushing at the back, there) and get your hands on one of these pros. Pros that no-one else wants...

Mark Viduka

Surely still worth a few goals to someone? The Duke has the turning circle of a supertanker but retains the touch of an angel and would gladly return to Newcastle if Alan Shearer was given the manager's job back. That's good of him.

Lucas Neill

Australian No 2 on our list and it seems like just minutes ago that Neill was commanding �£75,000 a week and captaining a Premier League side. How times have changed. The experienced right-back is still only 31, so has a few years left in the tank yet.

Andy van der Meyde

A controversial four-year stint at Everton has come to an end and the nippy winger now needs a new home. Can you help? Newcastle have shown some interest in the Dutchman who some would say 'comes with a bit of baggage.'

Michael Ball

An unwanted gift. Ball was kicked out the door when his Manchester City owners got some better toys to play with. The 29-year-old captained Manchester City last season and is an England international (Yes, those two statements are extremely tenuous).

Moritz Volz

This German is a good little runner and doesn't have too many miles on the clock. After stints at Arsenal, Wimbledon, Fulham and Ipswich Town, it is remarkable that the right-back is still only 26.

Dietmar Hamann

How can you not want to employ a man with a face a beautiful as Dietmar's? Surely someone can find a spot in their team for a man who held Liverpool's midfield together during the Champions League final of 2005 and scored the free-kick that forced Kevin Keegan out of the England job?

Glauber Berti

The man achieved legend status at Eastlands by playing a grand total of six minutes for City last season. The centre-back is only 26 and Brazilian - they're always good at football (unless your name's Gilberto and played for Spurs).

Lauren

Now this man won gold at the Olympics in 2000 with Cameroon - so he must be brilliant. Why haven't someone like Arsenal signed the lofty right-back? Oh yeah, they did and let him go. Sorry, Lauren.

Dwight Yorke

Who cares that he's 37 and has been intimate with the not-so-delightful Jordan, this man scores goals for fun.

Henri Camara

This man has a wife and kid for goodness sake. Will someone have a heart and give him a job? The Senegal striker spent the summer on trial in Hull (playing football, not in court) and is available to score some goals for you right now.

Id take Volz or Lauren for RB.

Lucas Neill is an imposter, he turned down a years deal at West Ham as he thought Sunderland were coming in for him but Steve Bruce realised 75k a week is laughable for such a bombscare.

No I would, I just don't see Papac as a CB anymore, a player who could easily fill in for Weir to give him rest time. Smith I can only hope rediscovers the form he showed pre injury. Ball I have always rated and now seems to have been injury free for 4 seasons I think.

Ball!:eek:NOOOOOOOOOOO

Hopeless at rangers. Semi hopeless at PSV and not much better at Man City.

van der Meyde would be worth looking at if the price was right. I doubt we would pay Viduka's wages and we would probably pay for his attitude so a definite no for him.