Scotland v Holland

What is mildly amusing is that they are blaming Boyd..... and here is why it is amusing.

IMHO the wheels fell off our WC hopes the day we failed to beat Norway at Hampden. We had one very clear-cut chance of scoring in that game which, 99 times out of 100, Boyd would have stuck away.

But he was clicking his heels on the bench while a painfully obvious inferior player was the one presented with such chance, Chris Iwelumo.

It could be said that our WC chances dies because Boyd didnt play that day. And that choice was George Burley's.

Yet here we are STILL seeing Kris Boyd being blamed for our demise. He was immature, and probably hasty, in his decision to quit international football but it is laughable that he has played a bigger part in our WC failure than the man charged with selecting a winning team

What is mildly amusing is that they are blaming Boyd..... and here is why it is amusing.

IMHO the wheels fell off our WC hopes the day we failed to beat Norway at Hampden. We had one very clear-cut chance of scoring in that game which, 99 times out of 100, Boyd would have stuck away.

But he was clicking his heels on the bench while a painfully obvious inferior player was the one presented with such chance, Chris Iwelumo.

It could be said that our WC chances dies because Boyd didnt play that day. And that choice was George Burley's.

Yet here we are STILL seeing Kris Boyd being blamed for our demise. He was immature, and probably hasty, in his decision to quit international football but it is laughable that he has played a bigger part in our WC failure than the man charged with selecting a winning team

It really is bizarre. Especially when you consider that even if Boyd had remained available for selection the chances of Burley actually using him are very low. Couldn't play even if he wanted to.

Knackered, 2 and a half hour drive up the A9 with roadworks at Cumbernauld, Bankfoot and then Ballinluig. We gave it a go last night, we could've been 2-0 up at half-time. We sat pretty deep at times but the tartan army backed them until the end. Not sure what happens next but players like Hutton, Brown and McFadden aswell as the tartan army need to be at a world cup.............it's sad. Every Dutchman I spoke to last night says it was a travesty that we never won and they love the tartan army and we'll be sadly missed by them over there. They did however say that they'd beat England for us.

He covers more of the pitch than anyone else in the team, he chased down the opposition in both matches despite carrying an injury and stood up against the whole Macedonian team on Saturday and just smiled at them to wind them up when they were all harassing him and the ref trying to get him sent off. He is better than Fletcher in my opinion and got us that all important opening goal against Macedonia.

Apart from that he plays for the jersey.

He is better than Fletcher in my opinion

:eek:

Fletcher often struggles to replicate his Man U form for the national team, but even a 50% Fletcher is better than Brown.

Running about a lot, commiting fouls and generally being caught out of position should not be mistaken for a good game.

Speaking of midfielders. Even though he was supposed to be in decline I don't see any of them producing the kind of performance he did here:

barry-ferguson-scotland-italy.jpg

True SA but most of the Tartan Muppets sorry Army wanted him out the team in any case. As has been mentioned elsewhere most of them don't think Boyd is good enough for Scotland:confused:

True SA but most of the Tartan Muppets sorry Army wanted him out the team in any case. As has been mentioned elsewhere most of them don't think Boyd is good enough for Scotland:confused:

Not good enough to play, yet still to blame for us not qualifying. It's some kind of twisted logic I just can't get my head around. :confused:

I'm glad I'm not the only Bear thats noticed this with the TA. Don't get me wrong I was in the pub on Wednesday supporting the Scots but hearing some of the insults flying at Miller and Weir remind you why I'll be glad to get back to domestic football tomorrow:spl: