Without getting too excited

Vanguardbears are pretty cynical about rumours and tend to investigate properly before making statements. If they think this one has merit then I'm more inclined to take it seriously.

A future without David Murray. How good does that sound?

Almost as good as the PLG revolution sounded.

I think it will be a godo thing, but then I also thought that about the French manager and it backfired spectacularly. Hopefully that will not be the case this time. Though I definitely think there is something in the idea of change that makes people assume it will always be better.

Just posted on RM by "BallochBear" (459 posts).

I might be able to add something to this. I was talking to a very good friend and employee of SDM on Wednesday in Aberdeen,(so close in fact he has got me tickets for me and my son for Seville away from SDM himself) Anyway he tells me the deal is almost done, it is a consortium led by 3 very wealthy guys, 1 from N. Ireland, 1 from West of Scotland and 1 other unnamed. He also told me that SDM rejected an offer last year which was more than he had offered as in his opinion they did not have the best interests of Rangers at heart.

Apparently they have almost finished due diligence and he expected an announcement before the end of October. He thinks that our new chairman is the choice of the group and that's why SDM has now resigned so the hand-over is smoother come the day.

As a bit of background, BallochBear met up with Spiers and thought of him as a good guy. Ended up getting involved with him on a radio programme, despite the advice of me, Frankie and Covenanter, and unsurprisingly got stitched up.

This doesn't make his statement any less true, but just thought I'd throw it in.

Wouldn't have said it if I thought he'd take it personally.

Well probably not. :whistle:

I'm not going to bite I'm not going to bite I'm not going to bite I might bite I'm not going to bite I might bite oh bugger I'm going to bite............ fukk off you pair of rancid bastarts!:D

"I'm just in he rang me this morning to contact another impecable source.

at this time NO OFFERS ARE ON THE TABLE but where this story originated is straight from the marble staircase.

there is at this time interested parties; but NO WHERE NEAR the stage of buyout bids.

in a nut shell the original source SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER

than to leak this from his privileged position within the club"

"I'm just in he rang me this morning to contact another impecable source.

at this time NO OFFERS ARE ON THE TABLE but where this story originated is straight from the marble staircase.

there is at this time interested parties; but NO WHERE NEAR the stage of buyout bids.

in a nut shell the original source SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER

than to leak this from his privileged position within the club"

That's it then. Definitely just bullshit. Aw well............