Motor Mouth Clodwell

Gary Caldwell believes Celtic can win the inaugural Europa League tournament.

The Parkhead side are in Israel for their opening Group C game against Hapoel Tel Aviv, while they also have to face Bundesliga leaders Hamburg and old foes Rapid Vienna in the new- competition, which has taken over from the UEFA Cup.

Caldwell was quite matter-of-fact when asked about Celtic's hopes of lifting the trophy.

advertisement

"We believe we can win it," the Hoops' skipper said.

"We have proved in previous seasons in the Champions League that we can compete with the very best.

"This competition is a tier slightly below the Champions League, although there are some great teams in it.

"The top two pots (in the draw), you could see that there some top teams from all over Europe but, overall, we have a squad capable of going very far.

"The group will be difficult but then it's a knockout and we believe we can win it.

"In previous years, a lot of clubs didn't really try and win the (UEFA) cup; they played weakened teams and rested players.

"But this year it has new format, very similar to the Champions League with some very good teams in it, so I'm sure it will be a better competition."

Publication date 16/09/09

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2530300.0.0.php

Guest robbie61
Gary Caldwell believes Celtic can win the inaugural Europa League tournament.

The Parkhead side are in Israel for their opening Group C game against Hapoel Tel Aviv, while they also have to face Bundesliga leaders Hamburg and old foes Rapid Vienna in the new- competition, which has taken over from the UEFA Cup.

Caldwell was quite matter-of-fact when asked about Celtic's hopes of lifting the trophy.

advertisement

"We believe we can win it," the Hoops' skipper said.

"We have proved in previous seasons in the Champions League that we can compete with the very best.

"This competition is a tier slightly below the Champions League, although there are some great teams in it.

"The top two pots (in the draw), you could see that there some top teams from all over Europe but, overall, we have a squad capable of going very far.

"The group will be difficult but then it's a knockout and we believe we can win it.

"In previous years, a lot of clubs didn't really try and win the (UEFA) cup; they played weakened teams and rested players.

"But this year it has new format, very similar to the Champions League with some very good teams in it, so I'm sure it will be a better competition."

Publication date 16/09/09

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2530300.0.0.php

i just cant stand that man and his brother the 2 of them are full of sh!!

img4a11799b9c7fb.jpg

clodwell speak

Rangers were lucky to get to the final and the teams they played were shite!

We may not be in the CL but this one is just as good!

WIT A FUD!:flipa:

Quote:

he is an absolute carrot of the highest order

Quote:

the reporters must cream them self at the prospect of interviewing he and Samaras :lol:

feeling down?

had a crap weekend?

wife being ploughtered by someone else?

dont be down the pre match interview with the Celtic mouth pieces is on the horizon

Quote:

Get this clown out of the club. I'd rather see Paddy McCourt at centre half at Ipox than this bol'lox ever again in a Celtic shirt

Quote:

O'Dea goes on loan. Caldwell bumps his gums knowing he can't be dropped really. Tit.

Quote:

I hope Mowbray benches you tomorrow and you are gone in January. An average player who deserves an average wage.

Quote:

This feckin gombeen is on another planet. I'll carry him to his next club.

Some Kerrydale quotes on him. Seems hes as popular there as he is here!