Premiership kicks off saturday!

IMO we are going to see a very close EPL this season with 4 contenders.

I cant write of any of the big 4, Man Utd have got there midfield sorted and look like they will add to it, while Liverpool have the best squad depth in the league IMO. Nobody expects Arsenal to win and i think this could be dangerous, they have an inner believe and are still easily the best footballing team.

Something is telling me Man Utd will come good as they havent won the league for 3 seasons, but I really fancy Liverpool to finally win there first Premiership.

Come on West Ham!!!!

As much as it pains me to say it but Chelsea will romp it again by at least 10 points. Arsenal will be 2nd, Man Ure 3rd and Liverpool 4th.

People are bigging up Liverpool but I can't see why, they seem good at best to me.

Nah I cant see Chelsea romping it at all, teams were beginning to play better against them last season.

Bellamy is signing of the summer IMO, he is exactly what Liverpool lacked last season - someone with pace upfront who will score and assist. There midfield is awesome and has plenty of goals in it. The weak link for them is Crouch IMO, i just dont rate him at all but his height will help. If Kuyt (sp) signs then thats the one!!

If Arsenal sell Cole and Reyes they'll have �£40m to spend on a few quality players. They desperately need a player to play alongside Fabregas in the middle of the park and another striker to bang the goals and take a bit of pressure of the countries best player - Henry.

They desperately need a player to play alongside Fabregas in the middle of the park and another striker to bang the goals and take a bit of pressure of the countries best player - Henry.

Nah, Gilberto is still quality in the centre and a sleeping hero for Arsenal. He gets on with his job and it showed he valuable he was 2 seasons ago when arsenal struggled, then he came back and they played great stuff again.

I think they could be done with 1 more addition but in defence or upfront. There midfield is fine with: Freddie, Hleb, Fabregas, Gilberto, Rosicky, Possibly Reyes, and Flamini can play there.

We might see Walcott burst onto the scene aswell.

Nah, Gilberto is still quality in the centre and a sleeping hero for Arsenal. He gets on with his job and it showed he valuable he was 2 seasons ago when arsenal struggled, then he came back and they played great stuff again.

I think they could be done with 1 more addition but in defence or upfront. There midfield is fine with: Freddie, Hleb, Fabregas, Gilberto, Rosicky, Possibly Reyes, and Flamini can play there.

We might see Walcott burst onto the scene aswell.

Hleb was poor last season as was Ljungberg. I'm hoping Ljungberg can re-capture the form of a few season ago when he was scoring in just about every game. Hleb needs to get his finger out and prove his worth to the team. I'm looking forward to seeing Rosicky though.

Hleb was poor last season as was Ljungberg. I'm hoping Ljungberg can re-capture the form of a few season ago when he was scoring in just about every game. Hleb needs to get his finger out and prove his worth to the team. I'm looking forward to seeing Rosicky though.

Hleb started to come good towards the tail end of the season, and he was impressive in the euro games. I think he will be good this season.

Freddie had a shambles of a season on the goalscoring front and it affected Arsenal. He'd normally reach double figures easy but got 1 league goal all season , thats loads of points it cost the team. Hopefully he gets his form back.

They only thing that concerns me with Arsenal is they seem to lack real strength in the side since Vieira left, and now Campbell has gone aswell. They need a bear in the team, Papa Dioup at Fulham might be a decent shout!

Great to have the EPL back.

The new boys all did well, Sheff Utd got a good point from Liverpool and should have even won, Reading got 3 pts off Boro but i expect Boro to struggle with a doughball in charge. Watford were unlucky against Everton as Everton got a pen when the ball came off Powells head not hand.

Anyone see West Hams 2nd goal against Charlton? A comedy of errors, Zamora miss hit his shot and the defender touched it onto the post then another defender tried to clear if off the line but hit a fresh air shot and it went in :D

I don't think Arsenal have much of a hope. They try and score the perfect goal every time. Villa played them right yesterday - get everyone behind the ball, close the space down and Arsenal lose their edge. I'm not denying they have some crackingplayers, but they don't have any variation. They'll do better against teams that attack them and leave space for them to exploit.

Man Utd haven't got a strong enough midfield at all. All they have added is Carrick, unless I've missed a signing. Also, If Rooney gets injured, where are they gonna get goals now that Donkey has done a bunk to Madrid. Saha isn't consistent enough and they don't have much squad depth at all.

Liverpool look pacy and exciting. Pennant, Gonzalez, Bellamy, Fowler, Gerrard, Aurelio - they look as if they are going to score goals for fun!! But I still don't think much of their defence. Best midfield three in the Prem - Gerrard, Xabi Alonso and Sissoko.

Chelsea have by far the best defence. Terry and Cech look as if they could keep an entire team out on their own sometimes, but I still feel that Terry needs a decent partner. Lampard and Ballack could be a dream partnership, but equally could be like Gerrard and Lampard for England. And Shevchenko is going to score a barrel-load of goals!!

1st Chelsea

2nd Liverpool

3rd Man Utd

4th Arsenal

But It'll be close - no more than 6 pts between the top 2!