The RST AGM was held in the WRC last Sunday, and this is a brief report for those members who couldn�t make it.

There were 10 board members and 16 other members attending.

The Chairman, Stephen Smith (SS), highlighted the areas that the RST has been working on:

� The forthcoming Gerspride conference

� The Erskine appeal

� The Sam English project

� The Founders Project

SS had been in touch with the Rangers Financial Director, Donald McIntyre, about the next payment of Gersave cash to the club, but McIntyre had requested it be moved until after the AGM as it was ââ?¬Å?price sensitiveââ?¬Â. (Could it be that the club donââ?¬â?¢t want it to interfere with any sale of shares to a new consortium?)

The Board undertook to issue the AGM minutes on a more timely basis.

The accounts showed a small deficit of �£149 for the year, and this was explained as being because the annual dinner was held after the end of the financial year and some auction prizes had to be scrapped.

Three board resignations (Cameron Bell, George Gilmour and Stevie Tyrie) were announced. Applications had been received from three members (Alan Harris, Gordon Stewart and Grant MacCalman) and they were voted in (the latter in his absence).

Other issues raised and discussed were:

� RST membership numbers and how these could be increased. Lapsed members were going to be contacted for one last time to see if they would be interested in rejoining.

� What it would take to get the support mobilised

� Biased press reporting from the BBC

A pretty fair summary of events there BD, although my own numbers were 11 board plus 16 (did you perhaps miss Joanne round the corner?!!)

The reason I counted was that with the appointment from the floor of the 2 new board members it made it 13 board and 14 members in attendance. I thought they might have had the majority of the meeting, so I did a wee head count.

Anyway, pedantics over, I find it interesting that there has been not much discussed on here, RM or FF about the AGM. On doing a search on all 3 forums on Sunday and yesterday, there was nothing about it at all. I started a thread on RM asking if anyone was in attendance and it disappeared without trace.

This surprises me because usually when a thread is going about the RST, it turns into a multi-pager with the usual suspects on both "sides" going over the same old stuff, but ask how many went to the AGM to discuss the issues they are not slow to discuss online, and you get nothing.

I hear there will be membership consultation to decide the date of the 2010 AGM to ensure a better turnout.

TB:

I think the problem is one would have to rejoin the Trust to put across their concerns/suggestions and people are not prepared to do that.

The numbers present at the AGM (and the overall Trust membership) are most disappointing but perhaps indicative of the increasing apathy from supporters in the organisation.

Moreover the lack of activity within the organisation itself suggests there isn't much for lapsed members (or potential new ones) to get their teeth into. Gerspride is interesting enough and the other external projects Bluedell listed obviously worthy of support but other than that, not much seems to be happening in terms of genuine representative policies.

For example, the Trust were asked to be involved in STS where they could join fans of a similar viewpoint in examining various issues allowing for some unified debate resulting in increased pressure on the Assembly (and the club). Yet, they didn't even give the courtesy of a reply.

Elsewhere there appears to be widespread interest and support in this project yet the Trust - an organisation supposedly interested in improvement, fan unification and open debate, isn't interested and refuses to say why.

I'd contend it is this kind of attitude that is holding the organisation back. That is extremely sad given I'd guess many, many Rangers fans agree with the Trust model and share its aims and objectives.

S_A, I'd say that over the last couple of years, it was normal for around 50 people to be there, including board members. Yes, it's open for all members to attend so a 2% turn-out isn't that great.

Although the BBC were discussed, I don't recall a firm action plan being decided upon. It was more a case of complaining about the big issues and don't get too involved in the petty ones.

Is that a fairly standard turnout for a RST AGM?

Is it open to all members to attend?

Agree with Norris, targeting the BBC is a good start imo.

No, that seems pretty low. The numbers are never all that high but usually at least twice the 26/27 quoted.

I remember my first AGM in the Partick Burgh Halls and that was probably closer to around 100.