Barry Ferguson

You do get leaders who lead by doing. Through the quality of their performance alone it inspires team mates.

2 problems.

1) We don't have that captain. No offence Weir.

2) I think that only works in a team where the players are top quality themselves.

At lower levels you need a player who shouts, cajoles, threatens and bullies his team into action. I'm not saying you need to bully. You can put an arm round the shoulder and drag a team mate or team through the game. But the leading through your own performance doesn't work. A more hands on or interactive approach is needed when your team mates are not of the very top level imo.

But every one of those I mentioned had both. They could cajole through action as well as words.

We dont have that standard of player but we also have no-one who is prepared to get into their team-mates when the shit hits the fan.

But every one of those I mentioned had both. They could cajole through action as well as words.

We dont have that standard of player but we also have no-one who is prepared to get into their team-mates when the shit hits the fan.

I wasn't disagreeing with you. More a continuation of your point.

Though with your last line you're back to Barry. :P

Nope I dont think we are missing the BF of last season. If he was still playing to a level of 1998-2003 then the question wouldnt be needed as he would still be playing for us but he struggled last season.

I think we are missing a manager who knows how to field decent players like Mendes, Davis, Thomson and Novo in the same team.