Rangers players - who should stay & who should go

There's plenty of talk on here about whether the management should stay or go, so I thought I'd give my opinion on our main players who regularly get starts when they're fit for action. It's a brutally honest assessment that would need investment in new players if/when we have the money, as well as some youth being given a chance. I'll simplify this down to 2 lists - STAY & GO

STAY

Bougherra - Our best defender & a definite keeper, but we won't keep him.

Papac - Our 2nd best defender & worth keeping.

Davis - Our best midfielder & worth keeping despite his current form.

Mendes - Our 2nd best midfielder & worth keeping despite his current form..

Edu - Haven't seen enough of him yet, but worth keeping based on what we've seen.

Boyd - Our best goal scorer & worth keeping for his goals alone.

Naismith - Still young, but probably our best all-round striking talent at the moment. Needs to start scoring goals.

Novo - Great impact striker that almost always causes problems for defenses when brought on. Worth keeping imo.

Fleck - Needs to be given a chance in attack/up front because he is not a winger.

GO

Weir - Once very good, but has no pace, no agility, poor distribution. Time to go.

Broadfoot - Could be kept as back up cover, but we need better quality.

Whittaker - Good player, but not a good right back. Prone to lapses of concentration/fuck ups & gives the ball away in dangerous areas constantly.

McCulloch - Good enough for a poor Rangers side, but not good enough for a good one. Get rid of him.

Thomson - Proving to be injury prone & appears very slow coming back to form on return from injury. If he's not back to top form by January, I wouldn't be disappointed to see an offer accepted.

Rothen - Has a mountain to climb if he wants to earn a contract here. As it stands he'll be going back to PSG at the end of his loan.

Beasley - Showed signs of real talent, but now totally out of the picture & is as good as gone now anyway. At least we only payed around �£750k for him.

Lafferty - I'd bite anyone's hand off that was offering anything over 65% of what we paid for him.

Miller - Poor ball control, shot shy, has proven to be an asset on the odd occasion that he turns up. How such a brutal footballer can show the occasional sign of genius is beyond me. Not worth keeping though. It's a sad indication of the state of football in our country that this guy has been & continues to be the national team's 1st choice striker.

I think that about sums up what I think about our current team. It needs rebuilt.

So what does everyone else think?

Edited by Zappa

STAY

Boogie (he'll leave though)

Papac

Thomson

Davis

Boyd

Naismith

Fleck

Novo

Edu

Smith

LEAVE

Shittaker

Weir

McCulloch

McGregor

Miller

Lafferty

Rothen

Beasley

Broadfoot

We have decent players who when playing near their best can be stars but unfortunately they're playing like a pub players on a Sunday morning after a night out on the bevy the night before.

There's so many problems at the club just now, but look at the players in our squad. Even while lacking depth, they are "better" than those at any of the other SPL clubs and certainly paid more (Celtic aside).

So I don't think its unreasonable to wonder why our management team is struggling to have these players outplay teams like St Mirren for example. Surely we have a good enough squad to comfortably finish 1st or 2nd in the SPL, by some way? Supplement the current first team with some young players and we're good to go?

Why are we still looking so mediocre, disorganised, lacking in team spirit, lacking in ideas, lacking in enthusiasm, lacking energy, lacking the will to win etc?

Stay:

Bougherra

Papac

Broadfoot (Kirk has been missed IMO - that says something)

Mcgregor (I still think Alexander should have started the season)

Alexander

Whittaker - Only if he plays LB, he is far better that side IMO

Thomson - Needs to prove himself

Davis

Mendes

Novo

Miller

Lafferty

Fleck

Edu

Beasley - Give him 1 more chance on the left or upfront

Leave: