Walter Smith's interview on Radio Scotland!!

As of this minute there is nothing registered at Companies House to say any bank has a seat on the board of Rangers Football Club plc. The bank may have been "invited" to observe part of Rangers board meetings but the bank has no one "on" the board. That, as they say, is a fact.

Thanks for that.

I don't think i'd really understand the full implications if there was a bank employee on the board other than we're in the shit. Banking and accounting is all over my head as until the last year I was a poor student and now i'm a poor former student. :(

The airwaves are-a-chatter tonight Bears and its not good :(

Stories to the effect of the bank placing Donald Muir as non-ex on the Rangers board.(the guy who was appointed with this statement from RFC last week; Donald Muir (50), a lifelong fan of the Club, has more than 25 years' experience of strategy implementation and business transformation activity internationally in a variety of industry sectors. He advises other companies within the Murray International Holdings Group. His experience will assist the Club in meeting its strategic business objectives.

On FF and RM there are stories emerging from well-connected people which suggests that Muir is causing trouble and raising the stakes to the point where the club is going to be in serious jeopardy. It looks like this is why Walter's spoken out, so that people step in before it goes too far - which seems imminent.

:(

Walter Smith , as much as I criticise him for some football matters , is no one's fool and always conducts himself with the dignity and style associated with Rangers Manager , so for him to come out and basicaly call Bain and or Johnstone of lying is amazing , the end game is a foot for Murray's reign , but what the future holds god only knows

Interesting thing to note here btw (and I've mentioned this already on Gersnet), is that in the weeks running up to Murray resigning as director & chairman of the club, the Rangers FC share price slumped DRAMATICALLY to a 5/6 year low!! I could be completely wrong, but to me it stinks of a bank buy-out of Murray's majority shareholding. For some obscure reason (cough) share prices always seem to slump before banks buy them. :whistle:

At the start of July, the share price was 42.5p. the highest it's been in the last 12 months is 45.5p. It's currently 39.5p.

Hardly DRAMATIC.

At the start of July, the share price was 42.5p. the highest it's been in the last 12 months is 45.5p. It's currently 39.5p.

Hardly DRAMATIC.

What's your source for that info BD??? Any chance of a link?

I'm pretty sure that that's the same source I got the info from BD. Right after Murray stepping out of the picture that site was showing something like a 30+% drop in share value over a very short period (the weeks leading up to the 'change').

I'm pretty sure that that's the same source I got the info from BD. Right after Murray stepping out of the picture that site was showing something like a 30+% drop in share value over a very short period (the weeks leading up to the 'change').

Some of their graphs can look dramatic because of the small range of them, but the share price hasn't changed that much. there hasn't been large falls in the share price.

The other thing to be aware of is that the share price shown just reflects small trades of shares. It bears no resemblence to what what Murray will get if/when he sells. The market is very illiquid and the share price for Murray's shares will be calculated using means other than the Plus markets share price.

The airwaves are-a-chatter tonight Bears and its not good :(

Stories to the effect of the bank placing Donald Muir as non-ex on the Rangers board.(the guy who was appointed with this statement from RFC last week; Donald Muir (50), a lifelong fan of the Club, has more than 25 years' experience of strategy implementation and business transformation activity internationally in a variety of industry sectors. He advises other companies within the Murray International Holdings Group. His experience will assist the Club in meeting its strategic business objectives.

On FF and RM there are stories emerging from well-connected people which suggests that Muir is causing trouble and raising the stakes to the point where the club is going to be in serious jeopardy. It looks like this is why Walter's spoken out, so that people step in before it goes too far - which seems imminent.

:(

If Muir is causing 'trouble', he's doing it in the interests of MIH, not the bank. If the bank is causing trouble, it is doing so to Sir Murray. Rangers are simply collateral damage in a rather bigger game.

This my friends is payback time for all those times when so many fans put their trust in David Murray.