New manager time?

New Manaher time?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. New Manaher time?

• Yes - WS and AM to go
    • No - Keep them
    • Dont Know / maybe

I dont think we will have to sack WS. His contract is up at the end of the year and it is likely the club just let that expire.

It then depends on whether any potential new manager is currently in a job or not.

Anyone suggesting a change of management is off their fucking heads.. Pardon my French.

We're told the bank are insisting on no new contracts.. tell me how you get a manager in under that scenario?

This would never happen, but by that logic, the only way we get a new manager is if McDowell/McCoist/Smith all leave when their contracts expire in January and we promote from within on unimproved contract terms.

Personally, I'm happy for Smith to continue fighting on behalf of the support.

Anyone suggesting a change of management is off their fucking heads.. Pardon my French.

We're told the bank are insisting on no new contracts.. tell me how you get a manager in under that scenario?

This would never happen, but by that logic, the only way we get a new manager is if McDowell/McCoist/Smith all leave when their contracts expire in January and we promote from within on unimproved contract terms.

Personally, I'm happy for Smith to continue fighting on behalf of the support.

With respect, the posts were make prior to knowing about the situation being so dire and that no new contracts would be possible.

:)

If there are new owners, there will be a new CEO and there will be new team management. And there will be new owners.

Are these new owners likely to pump in millions upon millions to strengthen the squad with? I'm not talking Chelsea or Man City millions but enough to build a decent team.

Of course, a lot depends on the new manager.

Are these new owners likely to pump in millions upon millions to strengthen the squad with? I'm not talking Chelsea or Man City millions but enough to build a decent team.

Of course, a lot depends on the new manager.

I don't know but I'd think any new owner would want to live within the financial constraints of the SPL. Can't see any chance of a new era of big spending. What I can see is a clear strategy to run the club within acceptable financial boundaries and to create a winning team on the park by more appropriate buying and youth development.

More than anything else, the club needs the motivation and momentum that could come with an inspired selection of a new manager. The fans would rally round the correct appointment as they've done before and the players would respond. This will not happen with a Billy Davies, and Alan Irvine, Craig Levein, or any of these names being bandied about. I can think of some names that would lift everyone on to a new level and those are Rangers names, exceptional names. It's got nothing to do with management experience asnd you know them too. As I've said before, the very best of Rangers previous management had little or no management experience before they arrived at Rangers.

This could be a very very good time ahead ..... but only if Murray does indeed leave the scene and new owners are astute enough.

With respect, the posts were make prior to knowing about the situation being so dire and that no new contracts would be possible.

:)

I disagree. It's been known for a while now the bank weren't sanctioning new deals as far back as the summer and it was only a drastic cut in the wage bill that saw us allowed to bring in one player on load, being Rothen. So with him brought in our allowed total was filled so one would surmise that the situation has now reverted back to being no new deals at all and any renewals being on drastically reduced terms.