Lloyds - Update from David Edgar (RST)

Taken from FF

Hello everyone,

As you know, I don�t normally do such things, but given the circumstances, we feel it�s important and fair that the support should know this. Obviously I won�t name sources, but let me assure you, I wouldn�t be posting this if

a) I didn�t trust the source implicitly

b) they didn�t have a 100% track record

c) they weren�t as close to the situation or

d) it didn�t check out when we investigated it.

Allegedly;

� The bank are panicking

ââ?¬Â¢ Senior management are calling it ââ?¬Ë?a PR disasterââ?¬â?¢

� They want out soonest

� Bain is not involved in the day-to-day running of the club

� Muir is effectively running the club

� Muir is hawking players to clubs

â�¢ If the club is not sold at least three first team players will be sold in January in an attempt to raise �£10m. This will allow the bank to drop the price for the club to �£20m. They believe this might encourage further investors.

The pressure that is being brought to bear on Lloyds IS having an effect. Keep up the good work Bears.

Dangerous times, but potential sunshine ahead.

Post lifted direct from FF (and similar posted on RM)

As you know, I don�t normally do such things, but given the circumstances, we feel it�s important and fair that the support should know this. Obviously I won�t name sources, but let me assure you, I wouldn�t be posting this if;

a) I didn�t trust the source implicitly

b) they didn�t have a 100% track record

c) they weren�t as close to the situation or

d) it didn�t check out when we investigated it.

Allegedly;

� The bank are panicking

ââ?¬Â¢ Senior management are calling it ââ?¬Ë?a PR disasterââ?¬â?¢

� They want out soonest

� Bain is not involved in the day-to-day running of the club

� Muir is effectively running the club

� Muir is hawking players to clubs

â�¢ If the club is not sold at least three first team players will be sold in January in an attempt to raise �£10m. This will allow the bank to drop the price for the club to �£20m. They believe this might encourage further investors.

The pressure that is being brought to bear on Lloyds IS having an effect. Keep up the good work Bears.

Dangerous times, but potential sunshine ahead.

Severe short-termism from the bank and shows that Muir doesn't have the clubs best interests at heart at all (despite apparently being a fan). he is there to do a job only so I wont be listening to any of this "Im a fan" horse-shit.

Basically the bank are looking to sell 3 1st-teamers at an average of 3.5 million each - that would mean, most likely, Davis, Boyd, McGregor and/or Bougherra - of those Bougherra and Davis would likely be the more sought after.

All this means is that the bank STILL get their 30 million (10 mill pocketed from player sales and 20 million from new owners). BUT..... any potential owner in their right mind will see that the cost is NOT 20 million to them because the loss of 3 senior 1st team players would require replacement. So the new owners would have to determine whether or not this could be done internally or whether they would need to spend to bring in suitable replacements.

Internally could we replace them (assume that it is Davis, Bougherra and Boyd that go) ? IMO Bougherra and Boyd could not be replaced..... wait a second the Boyd-haters ;) Davis is an interesting one. Will look at each in a bit.

If we assume that the new owners want the club to be successful and retain the SPL then they need to do a full squad analysis and judge whether the loss of 2 seasoned pros can be overcome. I suspect, given the fragility and small squad numbers, this would not be the case.

That therefore means the purchase price for potential buyers is NOT 20 million as the bank would have you believe but still closer to 30 million as players would need to be brought in. It is a "smoke and mirrors" policy of the bank to window dress it as the club being available for 20 million when in all likelihood that is not the case.

Looking at those losses of players :

Bougherra - quite obviously our best player and the only real replacements would be Papac, Broadfoot or Wilson. Wilson is one for the future and to be bled into the team over time. Broadfoot is just coming back from injury and, IMO, prone to being turned too easily. Papac has played very well of late at CB and could definitely make that position his own. However, this means we have to continue relying on an ever-ageing Davie Weir who definitely is not as solid as he has been for us in the last couple of season. Time is catching up with him.

Boyd - I don't believe he can be replaced because we do not have one other forward at the club who is a goal threat no matter how well or how bad they are playing. Opposing teams will always have to keep a watchful eye on Boyd when he is playing, even when he is having a 'mare. I also have seen improvement in his overall game of late. Much better at bringing other players into the game, his first touch has gotten better, his fitness seems to be improving and he seems to get involved in the play more.

Davis - I think he is a cracking player but his inconsistency makes him one of the most frustrating players at the club. If played at RM he loses some of his effectiveness but it seems that this is the position he is seen in at the club. So if we lost him could he be replaced ? I think he could be, but likely for a lesser player. Whittaker could probably play at RM (which would mean his positional frailties are not exploited as much) as could Novo, Naismith and even Fleck has played out there recently - all capable even if the position is not natural to them. Beasley can also play out there (cue S_A's "Beasley is shite" post - and rightly so). I think Davis is a far more effective CM but he is going to struggle to get a game in there with Mendes, Thomson and Edu all looking ahead of him for those two berths.

Then we have players like McGregor who would possibly be wanted by other clubs given his recent form and we could probably lose him and still be doing OK with Alexander between the sticks.

Ill chuck two other players into the hat. fleck and wilson. I dont think the bank will be too picky when it comes to who gets sold.

Fair enough. I doubt though that a) these players are on significant salaries and b) that they would command a high enough transfer fee for it to make much commercial sense.

Fleck has not proven to be the messiah most thought he would be (a number of reasons not least being played out of position, but that wont mean a potential buyer will consider that fact) and Wilson has played just the one 1st team game so is unlikely to command a high fee

I still think that the takeover will happen before January, probably before the AGM. So i am not worrying about the loss of players.

Anyway do you really think Boyd & Davis would go to an average premiership club ? They love Rangers and would say no !!

Unless the bank blackmails them by saying if you don't move then the club you love will be under serious threat