Lloyds - Update from David Edgar (RST)

Guest enigmablue

Interesting developments.

Having previously worked for LTSB in all their major retail operations for nearly a decade, their business model is threadbare in staffing terms. Any glitches in the system and the staffing can't cope.

I signed the petition, but lets face facts the only way to hurt the bank is in operational terms. Even the threat to pull business won't worry them. When i left the UK nearly 5 years ago i was bailing out clients by refinancing them every 2-3 years (i leave and the whole banking system went tit's up :whistle:) Most people can't afford to switch banks as the personal debt levels are through the roof and credit isn't so easy to come by now.

Co-ordinated phonecalls to make a complaint about their handling of the sale of Rangers FC to their main operations phone numbers (where a high percentage of calls are outsourced overseas anyway) should do the trick.

i'm sure we someone could do to a spoof BombayTV style call as part of anti-LLoys TSB PR campaign but finish it on a serious note and make sure people make the call to complain. Attention grabbing but with a serious message!

Anyway, this isn't helping me study for my exam....so Moscow!

The RST will just have to put up with that; they have made their own bed and can hardly complain when people refuse to take them at face value. That's life.

Frankly I doubt the accuracy of the OP's statement. I don't know where he's getting his info from, but it sounds most unlikely.

Do you believe that Lloyds went into this position - that is, trying to sell Rangers off or the alternative with all the strings attached - completely unaware that Rangers are a fairly well supported team with a fanbase unlikely to react positively to such goings on? If you do, it doesn't say much for our 'brand awareness', so we can forget any stuff about us being a worldwide name that should be treated better!

I can't see that, though. They knew what the pros and cons would be from the word go, and they have decided that their current course is the best one. Now, I've signed the petition, I've arranged banking transfers - of a tiny amount, but we must do what we can - but I doubt if it's having the effect outlined in the OP.

Such a post is obviously waiting to be shot down in flames the moment Lloyds come out with a statement saying they can take no more, and have agreed to reconsider their demands. I ain't holding my breath.

1001 signatures on the petition. 200,000 in Manchester. A campaign could have the desired effect; but it will take a lot more than what's happened already.

In fact, and I may live to regret posting this, I think the OP is trying to encourage activism rather than reflecting reality.

Andy, I posted the following comments on the RM version of this thread.

I can understand some of the scepticism to David's post as some of the facts don't seem likely, and also some would prefer to think that they are not true.

However I understand that there are a lot of facts about this whole matter that have not been made public yet, and if/when they do then the whole thing start to make a lot more sense, and it would be seen that we do have major problems at this point, and that what David has posted is indeed correct.

I am hearing this same story from everybody who is in the know at Ibrox and there are just too many knowledgable people stating it for it not to be correct.

The surprise isn't that it's true - but that the RST should think it's news.

It's a fair point, as it's already been posted on several occasions, but there are still a lot of people who don't believe it, and the repeated messages don't do any harm.

To be fair there are only so many people that can be "in the know " so to speak , and everyone and their granny is now coming on internet forum boards stating , " well I knew about this months ago " . Utter Pish .

For once all the various groups , and there are far too many , are trying to get the message out to the fans in general and it shouldn't matter whether it is the RST or the Assembly the point is the truth needs to get out . There is far too much dis-informantion and false rumours flying about at the moment and what is very apparent is that the main players in all of this whether it be Dave King or Lloyds are attempting to play their hand via the media and via management , the reality is only time will tell what the future holds

To be fair there are only so many people that can be "in the know " so to speak , and everyone and their granny is now coming on internet forum boards stating , " well I knew about this months ago " . Utter Pish .

For once all the various groups , and there are far too many , are trying to get the message out to the fans in general and it shouldn't matter whether it is the RST or the Assembly the point is the truth needs to get out . There is far too much dis-informantion and false rumours flying about at the moment and what is very apparent is that the main players in all of this whether it be Dave King or Lloyds are attempting to play their hand via the media and via management , the reality is only time will tell what the future holds

It's quite disappointing that David Edgar (in particular) is having the piss taken out of him on various websites for keeping the conversation going and repeating the messages. He is also being accused of stealing other peoples' 'old news' and dressing it up as his own.

Also, part of the OP was his update that the bank is indeed getting twitchy about the negative PR - this originally came from sources within the bank. Taking the information at face value, this was/is definitely 'new news'. It's all very well saying it's not 'news' (on the assumption that negative PR was always going to make Lloyds twitchy), but it's a different thing saying & confirming that it's actually happening.

It's fairly obvious that some people choose to have a pop at the RST almost regardless of what it says or does. Disappointing as it is, this is just what seems to happen and it seems doubtful it will ever change. Some of the people/websites having little pops at David Edgar and the Trust are, at the same time, calling for the RST to collaborate with these very websites and other fans groups! This week on-line in various places, Edgar has been accused of (amongst other things); self-promotion, only being in it for himself, thinking he speaks for all Rangers fans, selling-out, being a thick c*nt, lying, not being a real Rangers fan etc etc etc etc etc etc etc ..... and these are just on Rangers boards!

As ever, people have every right to criticise but in the current situation you'd think that there are greater issues at stake than whether the RST is all things to all people and generally rubbishing David Edgar. :confused:

Someone who has a VERY GOOD track record on FF, posted this earlier in the week. It's the only time he has posted this week.

''Go back and check who the first person was to interview King when he put �£20m in the last time.

And then you will all start to see how this entire thing has happened.

And remember, Darrell King runs the Herald and the ET sportdesks

It's not difficult to see who has orchestrated the whole thing.

Believe me, he knows the lot - and it's getting dripped out day by day''.

I take from this that one King is feeding the other King.

Also, part of the OP was his update that the bank is indeed getting twitchy about the negative PR - this originally came from sources within the bank. Taking the information at face value, this was/is definitely 'new news'. It's all very well saying it's not 'news' (on the assumption that negative PR was always going to make Lloyds twitchy), but it's a different thing saying & confirming that it's actually happening.

Lloyds issued a statement denying that they were running or own the club almost immediately after Walter Smith initially said the bank were running the club (think it was the same day in fact). A company that owns 30% of the UK's current bank accounts pay people to be permanently 'twitchy' about negative PR.

It's quite disappointing that David Edgar (in particular) is having the piss taken out of him on various websites for keeping the conversation going and repeating the messages. He is also being accused of stealing other peoples' 'old news' and dressing it up as his own.

It's fairly obvious that some people choose to have a pop at the RST almost regardless of what it says or does. Disappointing as it is, this is just what seems to happen and it seems doubtful it will ever change. Some of the people/websites having little pops at David Edgar and the Trust are, at the same time, calling for the RST to collaborate with these very websites and other fans groups! This week on-line in various places, Edgar has been accused of (amongst other things); self-promotion, only being in it for himself, thinking he speaks for all Rangers fans, selling-out, being a thick c*nt, lying, not being a real Rangers fan etc etc etc etc etc etc etc ..... and these are just on Rangers boards!

As ever, people have every right to criticise but in the current situation you'd think that there are greater issues at stake than whether the RST is all things to all people and generally rubbishing David Edgar. :confused:

But this is at the very heart of the issue, UCB, which (I think) is that on whatever subject, in whatever language, and in whatever context, the statements of the RST and their representatives is viewed with a very cold eye by an awful lot of people. To use a comparison the RST would choke on, trying to persuade people Unions are a good thing is still difficult, as the memory of the 70s lives on. So too does the memory of previous statements and actions by the RST: it's going to take a long time to change people's minds.

I speak as a non member with no axe to grind.

Lloyds issued a statement denying that they were running or own the club almost immediately after Walter Smith initially said the bank were running the club (think it was the same day in fact). A company that owns 30% of the UK's current bank accounts pay people to be permanently 'twitchy' about negative PR.

Ok mate. I would guess that Lloyds might have hoped they would kill things off by 'clarifying', but it had to be shown that this was not the case.