Our youngsters this season

i think 7 or 8 youngstes should get a lot moe game time this season the likes of lowing mcmillan wilson wylde shinnie ness fleck loy and little could all come in and do a job i think especially when we are at home to a bottom 6 team in the spl the likes of hamilton st mirren falkirk st johnstone and in cup games

So you're saying teenagers are a better bet than more experienced, international players, even those in their early 20's? I really don't think Rangers became such a big club by playing a schoolboy team.

Perhaps we should think about developing the likes of Lafferty, Naismith, Edu and Smith first. Then maybe Fleck and Wilson. But how many places in how many games to people want us to risk the result with experimentation?

In my opinion, what we really need is an established experienced team before worrying about 8 teenagers getting a game. Are we a club who is out to win things or just a football academy.

Hibs have probably produced the best crop of youngsters in recent years, and played most of them quite young. But what have they won? Going down that route, I think the best we can expect is a team like Hibs from a few years ago with a couple of enhancements. Not exactly mouth watering. And the way Scottish footballers are going, it's unlikely we'll even be that good.

I really doubt we'll be a European force in the foreseeable future relying on the current crop of Scottish youth player - and that's even if we take the best players in the whole country rather than limiting ourselves to just the best crop from Murray Park.

If that's our future, I think we'd probably be better off being some kind of feeder club for the likes of Man U - but surely there are more prosperous as well as more dignified options?

I'd like to see more game-time given to the best of the youngsters but we can't afford to be blas�© about any competition given the expectations of the support.

Wilson and Fleck seem to be the highest rated of our young players. After them there are a few that perhaps haven't progressed as much as they'd like in their time at the club (McMillan, Shinnie, Lowing and Loy) then there are a few that do still have a chance (Ness, Little and Wylde).

I'm quite happy at this stage about the amount of game time given to all these lads and hope they can all force their way into contention. Unfortunately, as cal touches on, with players only a few years older than them (Thomson, Edu, Whittaker, Naismith and Lafferty) costing millions; then they should almost always play to help their development as they're still quite young and inexperienced.

I always thought Stevie Lennon was as promising as any of the others. Is he still out on loan to Dundee?

The other 2 I thought deserved more time and were probably ready for the first team was Furman and Efrem - not to mention Aaron.

Nope Lennon is back at Rangers after being on loan at Partick last season. Had a good reputation but didn't do well there at all apparently...

Think his contract is up next summer - doubt it will be renewed.

The Furman situation is quite ironic. He was offered a new contract but left because he couldn't be guaranteed a game.

With a shortage of central midfielders at times this season, he'd probably have been in the team by now... :)

The Furman situation is quite ironic. He was offered a new contract but left because he couldn't be guaranteed a game.

With a shortage of central midfielders at times this season, he'd probably have been in the team by now... :)

Did he not end up in League One or Two though?... :whistle:

Aye, he signed for League One side Oldham on a 3 year contract after doing well for Bradford (in league Two) on loan last season.

But to be honest, Charlie Adam is not that much older than him... 3 years or so? and He's gone down to the Championship and is a stand out. If someone 'does well' in League Two, I don't think they'll be good enough at that stage for the Rangers first team.

They could always, of course, go on to be the next big thing... but examples of top top players slowly coming through the ranks in the UK are almost unheard of...