Gerspride conference, Sat 14 nov

Maineflyer I think you have hit the preverbial nail on the head and as every day goes by more and more are backing away from where we were a few weeks ago , Dave King was going to buy us , then he was part of a consortium , next we had the West of Scotland 4 , then on the day the financials were announced the Florida Billionaire which just happened to go against what AJ was pleading for in the media that anyone interested should make themselves known , now the Souness rumour just because he said he didn't want the Scotland job , even Murray couldn't flim flam this well .

As I said earlier and Maineflyer more succinctly pointed out unless the club actually drive this forward and allow any fans group to get behind it we are going nowhere , we cannot successfully change anything without the will of the club

Sorry, I should have checked. Anyway, I thought at the time, and still do, that it was the most insightful comment yet.

Sorry, I should have checked. Anyway, I thought at the time, and still do, that it was the most insightful comment yet.

Sorry phrased that bit wrong , I was discussing a simillar point with UCB that if the club dont drive this then it's irrelevant what any fans group want or say :whistle:

When wondering about the size of the on-line community earlier I was asking about what peoples' own thoughts on this are, but it must have gotten lost in the fog too .....:whistle:

Regardless of how many people sites claim to have registered, the active number of unique, regular participants across the best-known Rangers sites must be about 1000 - 1500 - 2000 at absolute TOPS (although I personally don't believe it's anywhere near that high). Friendly lurkers are there too, but they're impossible to guage.

Any thoughts bears?

I think this is impossible to gauge , you hear guys talking about having different usernames depending on the site's they go on, there are definetly timposters by the dozen , and FF is infested with them , that's one reason I rarely post just browse on there .so my answer is more than 1 but less than 1,000,000 , sorry but god only knows

When wondering about the size of the on-line community earlier I was asking about what peoples' own thoughts on this are, but it must have gotten lost in the fog too .....:whistle:

Regardless of how many people sites claim to have registered, the active number of unique, regular participants across the best-known Rangers sites must be about 1000 - 1500 - 2000 at absolute TOPS (although I personally don't believe it's anywhere near that high). Friendly lurkers are there too, but they're impossible to guage.

Any thoughts bears?

Nae idea, but that is a crucial point too. Other than mainstream media no-one has, as yet, reached out to the masses.

This was why I pondered whether it would be a good idea to have flyers on seats at Ibrox on a matchday to really get the point across to the masses as to where we stand. It could be done as a "State of the Union" type addresss ;)

Nae idea, but that is a crucial point too. Other than mainstream media no-one has, as yet, reached out to the masses.

This was why I pondered whether it would be a good idea to have flyers on seats at Ibrox on a matchday to really get the point across to the masses as to where we stand. It could be done as a "State of the Union" type addresss ;)

It's worth checking out but from what I understand the club can't even speak about most things at this stage so not sure if it would be free to promote it's own sale in such a way. It previously didn't want Gersave money so close to the Results for example. One of my colleagues is dealing with this but I dont know what the feedback is yet.

Not so sure about Rangers supporters being call 'masses' but we'll say no more.

Anyhoo, it's a telling indictment that these masses are still such a mystery after all the years of fans' organisations plying their trade. You have to wonder just who the fark these great leaders have actually been talking to all this time.:whistle: And they still think we should follow them at the drop of their latest bunnet.

So Watson, the culprit is still out there, somewhere beyond that fog.:)

Maybe you were thinking of comments on this thread - Gers fans seek clout for buy-out Sherlock. ;)

Who is going to speak to the thousands of Supporters who are needed, if anything like this is to get of the ground. As others have said, I don't see anyone at the various Supporter Organizations at the moment who could carry this through.

As I said to UCB recently regarding this, the club itself should be the one to facilitate a fan buy-out. Only the club have the resources to do it. Only the club have the proper lines of communication with the ST holders & the wider support. Only the club have sufficient trust from the fans.

You have to be right. There's no other way. But this will only be possible if the shareholders and directors want to do it for the good of all. We must get to a point where there is no more us and them and where those in power see the benefits of diluting that power, not collecting it all to themselves.