'Rangers for Equality' Statement on Bucharest

RFE group have asked me to post this statement on their behalf. I'm sure most of would agree with most of the sentiments in it and hope the club are strong under pressure from all sides regarding Bucharest incidents.

Rangers for Equality today calls on Rangers F.C to vigorously defend the latest unfounded charge from UEFA. Every aspect of this charge from the events in Bucharest to the people involved in the decision making process at UEFA should set alarm bells ringing for everyone connected with Rangers.F.C.

We’ve detailed our concerns in our open letter to Martin Bain and have provided several statements from fans who witnessed events on Wednesday night.

Rangers fans were subjected to extreme provocation with one elderly Rangers fan hospitalised after he tried to reason with baton wielding stewards. The Rangers fans were defending themselves and whilst the seat throwing was regrettable UEFA should be made aware of all the circumstances leading up to this event.

Rangers are charged with failing to control their fans yet the Rangers section had approx 5,000 fans yet Rangers allocation was 2,200. Where did the extra tickets come from and who sold them? How can Rangers be held accountable?

The safety aspect alone should see Urinea thrown out of European competition.

We would also like to express our disappointment that fellow fans groups chose not to investigate the facts thoroughly before making damning statements on national TV. Those involved should resign any official position immediately.

Rangers for Equality

The problem is Frankie that here we have another fans group that we have never heard of , where are they all coming from . we are starting to sound like a sketch from" the life of brian " , people's front of judea , judean people's front , the popular front of judea , bloody splitters , this is getting ridiculous

I don't disagree and I also think the dig at the other fan groups is somewhat counter-productive.

However, people are entitled to their opinion and I posted the statement so people can give theirs.

Perhaps the RFE guys may wish to come on and defend what they say?

:)

But who are they and where have they coming from , in the last few months on sites such as newsnow there have been stories and feeds appearing fro m everywhere , it's getting ridiculous .

There should be one fans voice/group and whether that is the assembly of the trust or who ever it needs sorted and soon it's starting to get silly

Again, I agree there should be one voice and everyone should be invited to the table so their opinion forms part of that.

Unfortunately, as much as most of us would enjoy that unity, it probably won't happen as long as constant, direct disagreement and personal issues form part of the debate.

I'm not blaming one party here as everyone needs to ask what they can do to solve this particular problem.

I'm hoping the Assembly is going to show some more leadership in that regard (they certainly did recently) but we'll see how successful they are.

Again, I agree there should be one voice and everyone should be invited to the table so their opinion forms part of that.

Unfortunately, as much as most of us would enjoy that unity, it probably won't happen as long as constant, direct disagreement and personal issues form part of the debate.

I'm not blaming one party here as everyone needs to ask what they can do to solve this particular problem.

I'm hoping the Assembly is going to show some more leadership in that regard (they certainly did recently) but we'll see how successful they are.

This is the worst comment in the whole statement & whoever wrote it should think again - "The safety aspect alone should see Urinea thrown out of European competition."

I agree it is perhaps an unlikely request, but I reckon the author threw this in for polemic reasons as it helps highlight one of the core problems at the game.

Safety should be a priority for every club in every competition and if Unirea (or whoever else) can't deliver that most basic of comforts to away fans then their participation in such competitions should be open to challenge.

Unfortunately the same could be said for clubs whose fans cause trouble so I'd urge caution when making calls for censure.

This is the worst comment in the whole statement & whoever wrote it should think again - "The safety aspect alone should see Urinea thrown out of European competition."

I agree it is perhaps an unlikely request, but I reckon the author threw this in for polemic reasons as it helps highlight one of the core problems at the game.

Safety should be a priority for every club in every competition and if Unirea (or whoever else) can't deliver that most basic of comforts to away fans then their participation in such competitions should be open to challenge.

Unfortunately the same could be said for clubs whose fans cause trouble so I'd urge caution when making calls for censure.

I agree Frankie, but that single comment lowers the tone of the statement IMO. It might only be a subtle thing, but it's something that reduces credibility & it's something our fans groups & forums are culpable of too often IMO.