Premiership says NO to old firm

I hope we can forget about this for the foreseeable - it's the most boring non story ever.

Same with the Atlantic league or whatever it was as well. Total rubbish that's been trotted out by idiots every now & then for about 10 years. Never likely to happen though.

Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey added: "It's the English Premier League.

I really hope Cardiff get promoted this season.

I still think a breakaway will happen eventually whether it be some Euro league even if it meant staying in the SPL also. But its time to put this on the back burner and get the SPL / SFL to get their finger out their asses and make the Scottish game more attractive. Its embarrassing that the EPL can easily get their top men round a table to look at ways of keeping their league attractive for years to come whilst we have fat cats who cant organise a thing.

The SPL MUST change to at least 16 teams and then set up a SPL 2, then the lower leagues have to be regionalised. I cant believe the current SPL bosses are more worried about stadia criteria than the future of the game!! Dundee, Partick, Dunfermline, Clyde to name a few all have stadia equal to St Johnstone, St Mirren and Falkirk etc so there is no excuse not to make a 16 team top league.

At the moment we have a 2 team league then Hibs, Dundee Utd and Hearts (although crap this season) pushing on for a 3rd spot....if we got a few more teams in the league it may push these teams on even more and make them bigger which would make the league more interesting. Right now its a lottery for places between 3rd and 12th because there is no competition playing someone 4 times a season.

It should be 20 teams in the SPL Gribz. Get rid of the stupid split. Whoever came up with it should be castrated.

There is not enough good teams to start with 20 teams. No one is waiting for games like Rangers against Ross County or other such games. I totally agree though the spit is a joke.

There is not enough good teams to start with 20 teams. No one is waiting for games like Rangers against Ross County or other such games. I totally agree though the split is a joke.

I see your point but when we only play such teams twice a season it makes them slightly better in the long run.

I agree the current split is laughable as it can make it unfair when you have to play some teams away from home 3 times in 1 season and the team in 7th place can finish with more points than the team in 6th and 5th yet cant go above them. But it was actually decent last season and the SPL got lucky that everyone had something to play for going into the split, but that shouldnt be an excuse for it.

If they are going to make the split then it should be after playing teams twice, then you can play the others home and away with no disadvantages.

Edited by pete

only way it would happen is if sky push it. I think there's too much logistical problems for us to move leagues any time soon, even if the SPL is killing us. I think Scottish football needs someone with some intelligence who can somehow make it marketable. The phrase polishing a turd comes to mind though.

Also, if 14 chairman voted against, does this mean 6 voted in favour? Or did some of them just not vote or something? Because if 6 voted in favour, that means we're not far off having the support of half the clubs. But I don't think thats the case...

The old firm would be a big benefit to the EPL though. The general standard seems to be declining there. There's essentially 4 or 5 strong sides then a couple of pretty good ones, then the rest are pretty poor. Man Utd and Liverpool aren't the sides they were either IMO but Chelsea and Arsenal are looking very good this season. The old firm are probably even worse than Wigan etc but they are still massive clubs and adding them would suddenly see the premiership gain 2 of the biggest clubs in Britain/Europe. Within a couple of years debts would be cleared and there would be massive potential for signing world class players and competing well in the top half.

Edited by Totti

only way it would happen is if sky push it. I think there's too much logistical problems for us to move leagues any time soon, even if the SPL is killing us. I think Scottish football needs someone with some intelligence who can somehow make it marketable. The phrase polishing a turd comes to mind though.

Also, if 14 chairman voted against, does this mean 6 voted in favour? Or did some of them just not vote or something? Because if 6 voted in favour, that means we're not far off having the support of half the clubs. But I don't think thats the case...

The old firm would be a big benefit to the EPL though. The general standard seems to be declining there. There's essentially 4 or 5 strong sides then a couple of pretty good ones, then the rest are pretty poor. Man Utd and Liverpool aren't the sides they were either IMO but Chelsea and Arsenal are looking very good this season. The old firm are probably even worse than Wigan etc but they are still massive clubs and adding them would suddenly see the premiership gain 2 of the biggest clubs in Britain/Europe. Within a couple of years debts would be cleared and there would be massive potential for signing world class players and competing well in the top half.

I am sure i heard or read that we in fact only had three votes.