Donald Muir - Shareholders, send the bank a message

Would Murray admit that one of his appointments was forced on him by the bank? Of couse not.

It was quite telling that the Rangers directors felt strong enough to reject the majority shareholder's wishes to have 2 additional directors on the board AND announce that to the world.

That is not what I said, and not what I meant. From your own quote, it is clear that Murray has placed Muir onto the board.

Why that happened is open to speculation, did the bank ask for him specifically? Who knows, not me, and probably not you either, with respect.

It was not my quote it was the Chairman's quote, it is unsettling that people are still insisting that in reality Muir is a bank appointee, be careful what you wish for, sometimes you end up getting it and all of the attendant other parts. You I nor anyone else really wants or needs the bank as the enemy, there could only be one winner under those circumstances.

But you will upset the man whose fingerprints are all over the new chairman's statement of today, Murray. If you really think that Murray is not pulling the strings, what is there to say, Murray will have his way, AJ is Murray's man as is Muir, any opposition to Murrays' plans will be as usual treated with contempt. Nothing ever changes unless he allows it.

I'll let others come in on this one, as the debate has been on here before as to wether the current chairman is his own man, or a Murray poodle.

Either way, I still dont see what the problem is with voting against Muir. If he (Muir) is indeed Murray's man and not the bank's man, he gets even less sympathy from me, and many others. How can we possibly be too concerned with hurting Murray's ego when he is in hock to the bank to the tune of �£750M with asset values of less than that.

But you will upset the man whose fingerprints are all over the new chairman's statement of today, Murray. If you really think that Murray is not pulling the strings, what is there to say, Murray will have his way, AJ is Murray's man as is Muir, any opposition to Murrays' plans will be as usual treated with contempt. Nothing ever changes unless he allows it.

Are you accusing AJ of lying when he said that they refused to accept 2 Murray appointees on the board, or how can Murray be influencing everything if he can't even insist on what board members are appointed?

Are you accusing AJ of lying when he said that they refused to accept 2 Murray appointees on the board, or how can Murray be influencing everything if he can't even insist on what board members are appointed?

Lying ? are you accusing everyone else of lying, Murray, the Bank AJ, Walter Smith, one of them at least is shall we say mistaken.

Care to supply the definitive for "Donald Muir, Lloyds TSB's man on the Rangers board," your words in the OP.

Lying ? are you accusing everyone else of lying, Murray, the Bank AJ, Walter Smith, one of them at least is shall we say mistaken.

Care to supply the definitive for "Donald Muir, Lloyds TSB's man on the Rangers board," your words in the OP.

I wasn't accusing Johnston of lying. I was asking you if you were as your beliefs seem to contradict each other.

I'm interested in how you see the 2 issues agreeing with each other. You avoided answering the question, so I'll try again.

How can AJ be Murray's man if he is refusing to accept Murray appointees onto the board?