SPURS are ready to launch a �£2million bid to land Rangers wonderkid Danny Wilson.

White Hart Lane boss Harry Redknapp is a massive fan of the 17-year-old def-ender and has been closely monitoring his progress.

SunSport revealed in January how the Ibrox club booted out a last-minute bid for the rookie before the transfer window slammed shut.

Wilson hadn't even made his debut for Walter Smith's side when Redknapp made the approach.

Now the Spurs boss is set to return and will test the resolve of cash-strapped Gers with a fresh offer when the window reopens.

Wilson has already made Scottish football sit up and take notice, despite featuring in just THREE games this season.

He has been outstanding in them all, especially the 1-1 Champions League draw in Unirea.

Gers boss Smith has compared the starlet to ex-Dundee United and Scotland hero David Narey.

Despite a �£32m debt hanging round their necks, Rangers kicked Spurs' January offer into touch claiming they didn't have to sell to balance the books.

But after posting losses of �£12.7m the SPL champs could be pressured into flogging Wilson.

Redknapp also knows he can do business with Gers, after landing Alan Hutton in a �£9m deal two years ago.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2729926/Spurs-eye-up-Danny.html

Would be daft to sell him. Looking at the way he's took to first team football, compared to Fleck, he may be the biggest talent we have on the books. No disrespect to Fleck meant and yes it is early doors, but surely it's one of the toughest positions to break into a team in at such an early age?

Edit: Ps when did "The poster formerly known as Shroomz" and MF become best mates? :whistle:

I can't see Rangers wanting to sell Wilson tbh, the higher earners are more likely to be shown the door before the younger guys,IMO, if this is true,coming from the Sun I doubt it although I have heard the rumours before he even broke into the first team that Spurs were watching him, no news really

I can't see Rangers wanting to sell Wilson tbh, the higher earners are more likely to be shown the door before the younger guys,IMO, if this is true,coming from the Sun I doubt it although I have heard the rumours before he even broke into the first team that Spurs were watching him, no news really

I think the club might accept an offer of �£2m - �£3m, but that's exactly the train of thought that spawned this Sun article. They know that we'll accept decent offers for players & they're just shit-stirring. We're going to be plagued with shit like this until the end of the January transfer window.

I think the club might accept an offer of �£2m - �£3m, but that's exactly the train of thought that spawned this Sun article. They know that we'll accept decent offers for players & they're just shit-stirring. We're going to be plagued with shit like this until the end of the January transfer window.

I know what you're saying and why this story has came out, but it would make no sense to sell a youth player for �£2-3m when we could get that for Bougherra,McGregor etc and get the wage bill down, if Rangers are trying to cut some spending then the latter would be better leaving than the youth players,IMO, unless of course they put a massive sell on clause in the mix

I dont think we will accept any offer for Wilson.

Realistically no one will offer more than �£2-3mil for unproven talent, if even that. I just don't see us getting an offer for him that we cannot refuse. No one else will be daft enough to make that offer just yet.