By Graeme Bryce, 15/11/2009

SPURS boss Harry Redknapp is set to make a cheeky bid to land Rangers No 1 Allan McGregor ON LOAN.

Redknapp needs a goalie urgently after back-up keeper Carlo Cudicini suffered career-threatening injuries in a motorbikre crash.

Now he will bid to take Greggsy until the end of the season - then make the deal permanent in June if the Scot impresses at White Hart Lane.

The Spurs boss is a long-time admirer of McGregor and tried to sign him two seasons ago.

Now he believes he may be able to tempt Rangers to part with the 27-year-old until the end of the season, at least, to help ease their financial burden.

Rangers could save around �£400,000 in wages by agreeing to let McGregor head south and Spurs would take that beyond �£1million by agreeing a �£600,000 'rental' fee to land the keeper.

That would show Gers' bankers the club are serious about bringing down their current level of spending.

It would also be a chance for them to put McGregor in the shop window in the Premiership.

If the former Scotland goalie gets a chance to step in for Spurs and impresses it is likely to lead to a permanent deal.

It may also tempt other Premiership clubs to come up with the �£4m Rangers would jump at in the summer, given their current �£31m debt.

Gers boss Walter Smith would be reluctant to lose McGregor, who is in superb form at the moment, but knows he has a more than capable deputy in Neil Alexander.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_sport/599176/Harry-Redknapp-is-after-a-loan-deal-for-Ibrox-No1-Allan-McGregor.html

By Graeme Bryce, 15/11/2009

WEST BROM boss Roberto Matteo is ready to launch a double Old Firm swoop in January - with Kris Boyd and Gary Caldwell his top targets.

Matteo is ready to dip into the Baggies' massive parachute payment from the English Premiership and splash out �£4million to land the unsettled pair.

The Italian is desperate to beat Midlands rivals Birmingham City to land Boyd, as Alex McLeish also eyes up the Gers scoring machine.

The 26-year-old striker is out of contract at the end of the season but has yet to be offered a new deal as Gers' cash crisis bites deep.

The Light Blues are under enormous pressure from Boyd's adoring fans to keep the goalscoring sensation at Ibrox.

But if Matteo has his way the hitman will be packing his bags to help bolster West Brom's push for the Premiership.

Although Rangers accepted a �£3.8m bid for Boyd last year, Matteo knows he could land him for less now as he enters the final six months of his contract.

Boyd can leave on a Bosman in the summer and Rangers' bankers would not be impressed if the club let him slip through their fingers for free.

Especially as they could rake in around �£3m for the striker if a bidding war starts up between West Brom and Birmingham.

Gary Caldwell

Matteo is also eyeing unsettled Scotland star Caldwell across the city at Celtic. The 27-year-old, who won his 33rd cap against Wales yesterday, is just the kind of experienced stopper Matteo wants to stiffen up his rearguard.

Despite facing tough competition from Middlesbrough and Premiership side Burnley, Matteo is hoping to persuade Caldwell he can play an important part in his plans.

Matteo would hope to land Caldo for a bargain fee of �£1m but Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell had to shell out �£2.5m to land Glenn Loovens from Cardiff City when he only had six months of his deal left to run because he faced competition from Rangers for him.

Now he is hoping that a similar tussle between Boro, the Baggies and Burnley could see him raise �£2m for last year's Scottish Player of the Year.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_sport/599161/Kris-Boyd-and-Gary-Caldwell-are-on-West-Broms-shopping-list.html

It must be easy being a journalist in Scotland............ right there is feck all happening, what can I write about ????, I know I'll just write a lot of shite about Rangers players cos they are pure toiling the noo and nae chunt will give a feck what I write aboot them!!!!!

It must be easy being a journalist in Scotland............ right there is feck all happening, what can I write about ????, I know I'll just write a lot of shite about Rangers players cos they are pure toiling the noo and nae chunt will give a feck what I write aboot them!!!!!

That was my thoughts as well.:thup:

Unbelievable Pete how they can get away with shit like this, and other shit :), and still get paid ?????

I actually think they have a template where they just fill in a few different words. Has anyone checked Windows publisher?